Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Error 691: Access was denied because the username and/or password was invalid on doma

• 02-04-2004 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

I keep getting this Error 691. I formatted my pc last night because I installed brand new hard disk and formatted my old hard disk. I went to set up IOL bb last night about 11pm and i got this. Said to myself that IOL must be doing repairs and promised to set p 56k modem in the morning to see if other boards users are effected and I do not see anywhere. So am i the only person getting this? Any ideas how I can fix it? Is it more than likely a problem with the pc or IOL themselves? I am on the Dun L exchange.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Call them and make sure that your have the right password, or else get them to test what you have and see if that's working.
    Not everything is an ISP fault ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Unexpected

Problem solved.

I didn't have @iolbb after my user name,.

Only had a 15 minute wait too. Cheers IOL.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

LOL...hey i've done that also. Left ou the @iolbb thingy.

:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Originally posted by Unexpected
    Problem solved.

I didn't have @iolbb after my user name,.

Only had a 15 minute wait too. Cheers IOL.

Its a sad comment on how accepting we are of diabolical support service that a 15 minute wait is described as 'only'. We put up with all crap from service people in Ireland!!!!:mad:

Advertisement