Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IC7-G Turbo Mode

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by Dempsey
    I'll be doing 60+ hours a week:(

Is that all :)

I used to do a session of 10 consecutive 12 hour night shifts if I could grab them straight after my exams. That earned me about €300. At the minimum wage now that should gross you €840 - more than enough for a new rig :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I have an IC7-G as well, my temps are showing roughly the same as yours (up to 60 under heavy load), tis the winbond chip on these boards - even Abit themselves say it can and usually will measure 10 degrees too high. In fact they suggest putting the shut off temp in the bios up to the highest you can. (I am using a Zalman 6500ALCU with AS3).
    Are you using the onboard sound Dempsey? ... If I use mine sometimes it sounds like theres a tayto bag in there somewhere with all the crackles .... I checked 10 reviews of this damn board before I bought it and not one mentioned it... Just shows that reviewers get completely different boards to us plebs. Dont even bother to try to use a microphone on the built in jack .... the crackles will completely drown out what you are saying.
    AFTER I had bought mine a review came out in which the reviewer got a board from Abit direct for reviewing and then bought one in the shop .... the one direct from Abit had all components in, the one from the shop hadnt, they were supposed to be the exact same board. He got a much better overclock using the same components in the direct board as well .... (but even so, he didnt mention crackles)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Yea i mentioned that earlier about Abit board and the winbond chip being inaccurate to about 10'C.

I am using the onboard. When the speakers are quiet I can hear the interference from the hard drive on the speakers.:mad: I cant remember what the mic was like. I had problems with noise but that was just me having the gain on which was picking up all noise, so i turned off the gain and it worked. It was reasonable quality. My Audigy is much better.

Advertisement