Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

128Mb ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (Sapphire) DVI/TV DDR Retail for 180 euro Today only

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the prices that companies are selling these at are a joke 180 euros from scan 189 from overlockers.co.uk

i mean i paid like 300 for the exact same card only a few months ago :mad:

you'd be mad not to pick up one if in the market for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Any idea what the total price of this would be in Euro ... including delivery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Be warned, I know a lot of people who've had immense problems with Scan's customer dis-service department (myself included). After the 3 month run around they gave me and some friends (seperate orders) I'll never buy of them again and will certainly never advise anyone to buy from them.

Their shipping to Ireland used to be very very expensive (yes that is a second very) but it may have come down since.

There are lots of companies (most of them) still charging €250 - €300+ for these cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

Scan's customer service is awful.
    I bought an ibm hd in the summer. the first was faulty, The replacement was DOA. (took over 2 monts from when i placed my order till i got a refund) Their postage to the ROI is crazy aswell. Steer clear at all costs and buy from overclockers instead

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

i just called them so see if they deliver to ireland, they dont anymore only to norther ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

Just out of interest how long were you on hold?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

It's probably for the best that they don't. Buying from Scan really reinforced in my mind the value of buying from a company with good customer services for RMA's.

When I tried to make a return (hard disk) to Scan initially I couldn't even get through to their operators and they didn't do anything about the RMA tickets I logged. The only reason I got anywhere was that I had the e-mail address of someone there as they had to contact me to authorise increased shipping costs. They then sent me the wrong sized hard disk and when I complained they only offered to refund the difference then, not the original difference. Eventually after asking for a refund they said they'd sort it out.

Never again. If you do a search on Technology for Scan most of what you'll see will be complaints. There are a serious number of people on Boards who have had problems with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,050 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I had an idea Scan were dodgy but I said I'd post it anyway.
    Sorry .

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Try www.microdirect.co.uk - they have some good deals

Hyzepher

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

Originally posted by Dman_15
    Just out of interest how long were you on hold?

Just got through no problem

I hit option 2 for sales and a guy answered after 2 or 3 seconds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

overclockers still have a similar board for only slightly more - see other thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

Originally posted by C@non
    i just called them so see if they deliver to ireland, they dont anymore only to norther ireland

Funny - I just got this email from them:
    Carriage to Southern Ireland starts from just £40+vat.

Regards

David
    Scan Computers

Not that I'll be getting anything from them now......

Advertisement