Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

*%&^%& Axa

Options
  • 02-04-2004 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

So after my previous post - we managed to get insurance sorted for the GTI thru Brittons Insurance.
    The paperwork arrives - and its a AXA Proposal form.
    Insurance is sorted - waiting cacellation of our other policy. Hold on - both are AXA.
    Find out that AXA1 and AXA2 are not the same.

Then - my wife finds out that according to AXA she only has a provisional - whereas she has a full license. Now they are asking her to send a copy in (again), she would have given them a copy before insurance commenced. She has never held an Irish Provisional.

Guess they owe us some money - as they year is basically paid up.

Why do some companies ask that you cancel one car to put another into insurance? Surely a person can insure more than one car? I own the GTI, she owns the Punto. Surely she can insure both in her name? Seems we are therefore likely to loose the near NCB on the policy.

Any leg they have to stand on to refuse some refund on their mistake wrt the provisional / full license?

Advertisement