Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shared Video Memory on Laptop

Options
  • 02-04-2004 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

This might be the wrong place to post but I will go anyway:

I have a HP Pavillion ZE 4404 EA it has 256 MB of Ram and 64MB of Shared Video Memory.... IF I increase the RAM to say 512MB or Higher will this result in the Shared Video Memory going higher ie double the RAM higher the Shared Memory...

Any Idea's as Laptop stuff is over my head compared to conventional PC's

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I have a similar laptop, and the bios is limited to 64mb ram i think, not that it makes any great difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Wrestlemania

Maybe the BIOS could be Flashed or updated in order to remove to restriction or is the motherboard aswell restricted..

Do you find the Laptop actual full start up a little slow ie.. goes to windows but it take a minute or two before you hear the actual windows startup chime/music ??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I removed everything on the laptop, and i dual boot with Windows XP pro and Linux.

It was bought in Harvey Norman, and i found it very sluggish so i wiped it.

Assigning more memory to the onboard IGP wont make it any faster, if anything it will make it slower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

If it is wiped will it mean he will have to get a new copy off XP as far as I know you only get restore disks and no OEM Copy of XP??

Advertisement