Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinion - Disturbed Burial

• 02-04-2004 6:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

recently i have been having an argument with Raphael about the card Disturbed Burial. basically, he thinks it owns all other black cards, and wants it practically beatified. i think it sux in comparison to other return spells

my main points are:
    1) its a sorcery
    2) its overcosted when used with buyback

i think a nice Reaping the Graves used on ur opponents turn when hes laid down a few spells, or else a Reanimate Dead or two are far more efficient. however, Raphael doesnt see my viewpoint, and therefore im asking you all for ur opinions

yay or nay for Disturbed Burial?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

If you have 5 mana, it's great. If not, Reaping The Graves pwnz it, I'm afraid... especially after a Wing Shards :)

Reaping The Graves vs. Wrath of God.
    Disturbed Burial vs. more gradual creature destruction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Personally I would consider reanimate, exhume or even zombify or stitch together to be better than Disturbed Burial. Even living death or patriarch's bidding would be substantially better. Also of note is Doomed Necromancer.

You'll notice a common theme there, all of these reanimation spells return creatures to play, I mean who wants to waste resources in getting things back into your hand, when you can put them into play more efficiently.

Alot of the reanimater decks have consisted of things like Buried Alive, Entomb and/or card discard to get plenty of big creatures into their graveyards. In these cases its mana efficiency you want for creature reanimation. Things like a turn 2 verdant force were pretty common. But even given all that, I would consider Phyrexian Reclamation to be better than Disturbed Burial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

well, i dunno, i think Hand return is useful for many things, and is generally a good bit cheaper than paly return, as well as being commoner. i ran a zombie deck a while back, and it made good use of getting a tonne of zombies in play, and then recycling Gempalm Polluter over and over, so i have a predilection for cards like Reaping the Graves, Aphetto Dredging and Cruel Revival

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭sephirosis

simple. youre right matthew.

reaping the graves owns disturbed burial. especially with storm. with buyback, disturbed burial simply costs too much for the effect it gives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

basically, disturbed burial with buyback is simply too expensive. For 5 mana you should be playing a patriarchs bidding or reaping the graves after playing two cheap clerics, doomed necromancer is better too. If you play disturbed burial with buyback, then you're probably gonna play that creature you brought back next turn, not leaving enough for another cast and buyback. Thats at least 3 turns to return two creatures. Use reap the graves and you can easily have 3 creatures in ur hand in one turn. When you have 5 mana out chances are the game wont last for very much longer. Disturbed burial is just too slow in this scenario. I wouldn't play it in any competitive deck and i would be very surprised to see it in the deck of any serious competitor.

• Advertisement
Advertisement