Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingerprints To Be Required For Entry Into The Us

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

for all the good it will do, I doubt the US policy makers seek boards.ie opinions or approval :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Finger printing is another step in the array of errors that is US security.

When I want to bomb the empire state building I'll just fly to Canada, skip over the 1500mile land border, bus my way down the states and bomb the mudder trucker.

BANG!

No messing about with passports or finger prints.

tribble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Walter Ego

To paraphrase the famous NRA slogan-
    "They can have my fingerprints when they pry them from my cold dead fingers."

Is the EU going to impose the same regimen on US visitors. And if not, why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

I've got dual citizenship. I use the US passport to enter the US. I use the Irish passport to travel elsewhere. I imagine that if I entered the US on the Irish passport, with its visa for my trip to Kabul last year, I would be led into a small room where I would have to explain to some imaginative young border guard how it was that the UN paid me to go over there to help them put their alphabet into computer operating systems.... As if it weren't suspect enough that I live abroad and have dual citizenship....

In most countries there is a reciprocity measure; I understand that because the US now requires a visa for Brazilians to enter the US, Brazil requires the same for US citizens visiting Brazil.

Perhaps Bertie can invest in fingerprinting machines and turn them on the US citizens who come here to play golf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

Originally posted by Yoda
    I imagine that if I entered the US on the Irish passport, with it's visa for my trip to Kabul last year, I would be led into a small room where I would have to explain to some imaginative young border guard how it was that the UN paid me to go over there to help them put their alphabet into computer operating systems.... As if it weren't suspect enough that I live abroad and have dual citizenship....

If you aint in the military then they automatically suspect something just because you live abroad.
    I can't remember all the ridiculous questions I had to answer with a straight face because I live in Ireland. They think everyone's in the IRA over here.

In most countries there is a reciprocity measure; I understand that because the US now requires a visa for Brazilians to enter the US, Brazil requires the same for US citizens visiting Brazil.

I was thinking that Europe should do the same thing.
    Perhaps Bertie can invest in fingerprinting machines and turn them on the US citizens who come here to play golf.

Yea why not, tourisms already ****ed anyway,
    because of the high cost of Ireland. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement