Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Cup Noodle

• 03-04-2004 2:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭

Much tastier than Pot Noodle and less than half the price

Macker

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

is it the koka noodle cup, or something else? still good though either way.

also the koka version of super noodles (in a packet0 is good, but tesco have just bought out a 'value' noodle packet which is half the price of the koka equiv.

super noodles are 1 euro something (20 or 30c i think) koka noodles are 60c, but the tesco noodles are only 15c a packet. i changed jobs last month and had a couple of weeks off, so had a long wait for payday. cosequently i have a cupboard full of the little feckers.

word of warning though, the chicken one is very salty, and tastes a bit like fish. bacon is OK tho. i've been using half a chicken stock cube in them and chucking the chicken flavour that it comes with. too cheap to argue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Oh dear god, they're FOUL!

I'm currently trying to choke down a chicken and mushroom Cup Noodle.
    Honestly, I'd far sooner take the Pot Noodle over this culinary abortion!

However, the Koka noodles are fantastic!
    Either boiled, or instant, they're great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

BLASPHEMY!

Pay no attention to him, Cup Noodle is delicious. The noodles actually taste like noodles, and they're horrifically spicy. And if you don't like spice (wuss), it's all packed seperately so you don't have to add any flavour. Cheaper than muck, and tastier than God's sweat. You can't go wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

It's not the spicy ones I find fault with, it's that foul chicken and mushroom gunk!

Tasted like a particularly old donkey, who takes really bad care of himself, shat in my mouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Originally posted by Karl Hungus

Tasted like a particularly old donkey, who takes really bad care of himself, shat in my mouth.

The man speaks with experience,
    tbh i have found the cup noodles to be perfectly edible each time i have had them although koka noodles are damn nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭Gerry

For the ultimate cheap noodle experience, it has to be tesco chicken noodles, at 15 cent a pop. Was a bit wary, but apparently there is real chicken in there, and they are damn tasty :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Are Pot Noodles/Cup Noodles an appropriate topic for discussion in Food/Drink. Would this thread not be better placed in the Chemistry board :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Ahh now, when drunk they're one of the food groups...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

/me remembers student/dole days of eating dry koka noodles to give yourself that "swelled-up" full feeling

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

eh...how:confused:

Anyway yer all wrong, cos proper japanese Ramen is king. Get into one of those Asian Food Markets. These may be dearer than the usual stuff you find but the quality can't be beat, can be very addictive. Nong Shim spicy ramen cups, comes in a big ass bowl and i think they're about €1.30 (not even half that i'm told though over in the homeland)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

I think i had that. Its really nice.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

eat koka noodles in the block straight out of the pack instead of boiled, its quite good and its a perfect cross between a bar and a packet of crisps.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

Man, that just sounds awful! I've seen em in block form and wonder will they be nice when bolied!:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Originally posted by echomadman
    /me remembers student/dole days of eating dry koka noodles to give yourself that "swelled-up" full feeling

I believe drinking vegetable oil also has this effect.

Not big into Pot noodles, like their latest tv ad though, the one with the mariachi band, "ees dirty and you want eet" :D

Advertisement