Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P.J. O'Rourke on JF'nK

Options
  • 03-04-2004 8:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

A wonderfully illustrative and illuminating column on the likely nominee of the Democrats to run for the US Presidency can be found at
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/003/947nzczv.asp?pg=1

I think the column shows why a bet at Paddy Power against Kerry is next to a sure-thing. Here's just a tidbit:
    "Just as today Kerry is brave sailor/bold war protester; foe of Saddam/friend of Hans Blix; political underdog/entitled nominee; big government liberal/corporate tax-cutting conservative; rider of Harleys/marrier of Heinz; and, incidentally, still a real jerk."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

He could be Bertie Ahern, Tomf, and he'd still be a better choice than Bush.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Originally posted by TomF

"Just as today Kerry is brave sailor/bold war protester; foe of Saddam/friend of Hans Blix; political underdog/entitled nominee; big government liberal/corporate tax-cutting conservative; rider of Harleys/marrier of Heinz; and, incidentally, still a real jerk."

Are these supposed to be good points or something? 'Foe of Saddam / friend of Hans Blix': Wow, what a hypocrite John Kerry is!!

There goes the last funny Republican.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

I find it "illuminating" only in the sense that Mr. O'Rourke finds it shocking that "red blooded" US government officials would be so callous in regards their colonial subjects.
    Might it be more "illuminating" to expand upon what Bush's attitude to the downtrodden might be as well?
    Especially considering their typical red blooded US government concern for the democratic process in Haiti a few weeks back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by TomF
    I think the column shows why a bet at Paddy Power against Kerry is next to a sure-thing.

Back at that one again?

How long before you start the real campaigning, I'm wondering, or is this already it?

jc

• Advertisement
Advertisement