Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kliroy's Correspondance College

Options
  • 02-04-2004 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭

Can anybody tell me anything about the courses at Kilroy's Correspondence College in Dublin. I am a mother of 2 toddlers on a year's leave of absence from the workplace, and I really want to do some kind of a distance or open learning course that would be beneficial to my CV. Open University courses are far too expensive, so i'll wait until I return to work and see if I can get reimbursement of fees before pursuing the course. Kilroy's have a range of IT courses, and they're a lot cheaper than Open University, so I could afford to study with them, and the fact you can take as long as you like to complete a course sounds very attractive when you run a madhouse like mine!
    But I wonder if their Diplomas have any worth (my husband suggests they haven't). Has anybody on the boards done a course with them? Please let me know your views.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I don't know anything about Kilroy's, but you would want to check who awards their Diploma's. Is it HETAC? Another college? A university?

I would tend to side with your husband on this one.

Have you seen Oscail?
    They are based in DCU and do part-time, distance learning IT courses that are accredited by the University itself. The costs are much lower than OU, but you get what you pay for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Thanks very much, Tom, for your reply. I'll look at what Oscail have to offer.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Kilroys did award their own certs and diplomas thus why its cheaper,
    Not sure if this is still the way but it was

Advertisement