Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intranet??

• 03-04-2004 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭

Hey is there anyway of gettin to the colleges intranet from home??! the portal from the it website goes to mysearch!
    oh and when does the college/lrc close and re open??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

Depends what you need from the intranet.
    NetSoc members can access most of the intranet from shell accounts [as the server is obviously on the local network].
    I have posted [widely] about NetSoc already here, and we have our site up and running url]http://netsoc.itcarlow.ie[/url ...
    Promoting society in college will be done next college year.

The college used to have a dial-in ... where you dialled into the college, and has access to their intranet only [i.e. access to their intranet, and the rest of the internet through their proxy afaik].
    May still be up ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

Thanks, just went up and asked them, it wont be availible from home for at least another week! Plus the exam timetables will be out the 9th on the intranet which you cant get to:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Originally posted by Centurion
    Plus the exam timetables will be out the 9th on the intranet which you cant get to:confused:
    click

Thank you!
    One more thing!!!
    Where the feck is Carlow Lawn Tennis Club???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Got this map to tennis club from Irishmaps.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Its out the back of my gaff:D

Good map shown by bicky there follow that and you'll have no problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Originally posted by Centurion
    Thank you!
    One more thing!!!
    Where the feck is Carlow Lawn Tennis Club???

Carlow Lawn Tennis Club
    Oak Park Road
    Carlow
    Carlow.
    Phone: 0503-43775

Its 15 minutes walk from the college. Dunno which way, tho.

I've sent a mail to Carlow, asking for info. I'll post it up here, when they post back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

It's down the castledermot road, before Braun(spelling?), If you get to the roundabout down near bruan, walk around the big graveyard there, and keep walking and have a look into the housing estates down there, look out for oaklawns.you can't miss the tennis court, has all them nets and stuff up, ;-)

Originally posted by elvis2002
    It's down the castledermot road, before Braun(spelling?), If you get to the roundabout down near bruan, walk around the big graveyard there, and keep walking and have a look into the housing estates down there, look out for oaklawns.you can't miss the tennis court, has all them nets and stuff up, ;-)
    are you ****ing serious??? 15 minutes walk my ass...........that's it i'm dropping out

You seriously gotta wonder why it's been held there, and not in the college.

Seems a bit riduculous, actually.

• Advertisement

............play few rounds/games of tennis instead of exams dogboy ?
    we can level up in tennis, and get special power-shots!!!

I got this back from the college.
    The map is on the notice boards here at the Institute. The venue may
    be accessed from the Dublin Road or the Athy Road, it is close to Dr.
    Cullen Park and is signed from that road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

I think its about 45 minutes walk at a gingerly pace. Its not 15 anyways, maybe in a car in morning it might be 15 minutes away.

Exams are only in the college and there, non are being held in the CBS????
    Thats kinda strange for them to change venues and add extra distance!! maybe they re just evil!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Exams have always been held at external locations as well as in the college and it really sucks if u have one first thing in the mornin.

It was usually the business students that had to make the trek

that changed last year......we had to go to one of the primary schools for ours.......maybe theyre weeding out the weekest of the nerdy classes, hoping that some of us drop dead on the walk in and they dont have to mark our papers

better start training for the trek...dont want to overdo it on the week

http://www.itcarlow.ie/aboutinstitute/about_carlowmap.html
    Here a mapp of the town, i believe the CLTC is at the top along the dublin road where it intersects the white road! i is still looking, just for fun!

Originally posted by Moonbeam
    Exams have always been held at external locations as well as in the college and it really sucks if u have one first thing in the mornin.

It was usually the business students that had to make the trek
    ITS2 students have to do it in their first exam, @ 9am! Luckily that was one of the exams I passed :p

Advertisement