Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea for the league anyone??

• 03-04-2004 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭

Lyundberg has a broken wrist - Reyes our for at least 3 weeks with a knee problem. Arsenal looked jaded today and with 2 tough league matches coming up, could be worth a bet on Chelsea - you would probably get good odds.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

I was thinking of it actually. Its very unlikely really but still may be worth a fiver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

Originally posted by kida
    Chelsea for the league anyone??

Yes please :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

If Chelsea win today they go 8 points aheaf of United and just 4 points behind Arsenal, although there is of course the game in hand for both United and Arsenal.

Arsenal's next 2 league games is Liverpool (H) and Newcastle (A). Chelsea have (not including today's match against Spurs) Boro (H) and Villa (A).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Yes please

will you shut it!

cant see chelsea putting in a big run it could happen though

ali is back so we have bently too
    parlour is back too soon to fill in for ljundberg the next few games are crucial

must win game against chelsea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

Originally posted by jank
    will you shut it!

Sweet Jebus ... I must check to see if it is against the rules to joke around ... You don't need to be so confrontational!!

I know you must be annoyed because Arsenal didn't play near enough to their abilities today, but no need to take it out on me :mad:

If the truth be known, I cannot see Arsenal being beaten to the League by Chelsea ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Definitely worth a flutter after todays performance from them. I wonder what odds would you get on that and on Arsenal winning nothing this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

They have to play Man United and I really don't see them beating Man U

Originally posted by PHB
    They have to play Man United and I really don't see them beating Man U

Have they not done so already this season and Fergie is bound to rest players for the FA Cup from now on in.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

If Ranieri could settle on who to play up front then maybe would Chelsea have a slight chance of catching the gooners. He also needs to play the Duffer in every game and leave that eejit Joe Cole on the bench. Hasselbaink is on a decent run now so maybe he'll stick with him. Arsenal were way off their best this morning and have some tough games ahead. I hope Chelsea do catch the same old Arsenal ... always cheating...

;)

Only 4 points in it now with arsenal to face Liverpool and Newcastle in the next week as well as Chelsea in the Cup. When united did the treble in 99 they had dept in Squad which the Gunners do not have now. Arsenal are still favourites to win the league but if Chelsea do as United did last year and keep the pressure on anything could happen as it did this time last year.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Space Coyote
    He also needs to play the Duffer in every game
    Would you believe from the 34 matches Duff has played this season, he has only played the 90 minutes 10 times.
    Have they not done so already this season and Fergie is bound to rest players for the FA Cup from now on in.
    I heard O'Shea saying that their goal is to win all their romaining matches this season. I can't see Chelsea coming away with 3 points from OT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I'd love to see it but Arse have been there before, its now reminding me of 99 as a CFC supporter when "Vital Games" come into focus.
    Parker was excellent today he was everywhere and the football today was v good at times. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

jeez I hope not, I don't want to see any italian style teams outside of Italy. If Ranieri wasn't so likeable, he'd surely be getting more stick for Chelsea's appalling negative style of play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

to win the league they need to put out a set team and it should look something like this.

Cudicini

Gallas
    Desailly
    Terry
    Bridge

Geremi
    Lampard
    Makelele
    Duff

Hasselbaink
    Mutu

I cant see them winning the premiership this season but if they can get their hands on some of the players they have been linked with they have a good chance next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

ive more chance of being capped for ireland during the summer than chelski winning the league

Originally posted by AngelofFire
    I cant see them winning the premiership this season but if they can get their hands on some of the players they have been linked with they have a good chance next season.
    A right back and right winger would do nicely as well as getting rid of a lot of the players. They should cancel the Robben and Chech deals if they want to keep Duff and Cudicini and also get rid of Makelele who doesn't seem to be enjoying himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

There is no top class back up for Carlo and Duff may even switch to the right, afterall alot of his assists have came from there and Robben will more than likely be back up and he can also play as a striker.

Originally posted by smuckers
    There is no top class back up for Carlo and Duff may even switch to the right, afterall alot of his assists have came from there and Robben will more than likely be back up and he can also play as a striker.
    Ambrosio hasn't been too bad in recent weeks and I'm sure Chech wasn't brought in to play second fiddle. I'm sure on e of them will go in the Christmas or summer transfer windows of next season.

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    Ambrosio hasn't been too bad in recent weeks and I'm sure Chech wasn't brought in to play second fiddle. I'm sure on e of them will go in the Christmas or summer transfer windows of next season.

Chelsea need to sell quite a few players in the summer before they buy again as even as it is there are rumblings of discontent from unhappy players unable to hold down a place. That has to affect moral at the club and is not in anyones best interest.

Failing that thsy should enter a second team into the league and let them work their way up.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 SanFranMan

To be honest, if Arsenal dont get back on track tonight and beat Chelsea, I wouldnt be surprised to see them struggle over the next few days too (or even worse as the tiredness / injuries / morale factors build) and drop 2-6 points.

By the time Arsenal play Leeds in 10 days, Chelsea could realistically have caught up with them / passed them out (having beaten Middlesborough and Villa). In that scenario, there wouldnt be any surprise in seeing Viduka do a number on them again, and Chelsea taking the inititiative.

Its all ifs and maybes, but I dont think anyone should discount Chelsea just yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

Looking more likely all the time - Mentally last night will have taken a lot out of Arsenal. Doesn't help when the manager doesn't have a lot of faith in the team
    Of course, it's possible that Arsenal will win nothing this season

link

Henry faces a spell on the sidelines with hamstring trouble. They can be notoriously troublesome injuries, not that he will be much of a loss given his recent form.
    Thierry had injured his hamstring and wanted to come off. He will be out for the weekend but it is difficult to say for how long after that.''

just one question kida
    why do you want arsenal to fail so much?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭lad12

why do you want arsenal to fail so much?

Because Henry became to cocky and full of himself...the way he walks round the pitch...thinking he is God...or there poxy goal celebrations...There a good team but they aint the great team that they thought they were about 2 weeks back...:D

so because you dont like one player you want them to lose everything

the only people that called them great was the press not the fans or players

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭lad12

so because you dont like one player you want them to lose everything

Not only the press but all the fans that ring in them phone in shows...like the one on sky sports..it was great listening to all the "sick" gunner supporters ringing in last nite...a few weeks back they were all blowing about their team...

You should never blow about your team untill they win the competitions...Then ya can say what ya like about them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 joey#10

I'm delighted for Ranieri, you could see how much it meant to the man. Hes been brilliant through all the pressure hes been facin this season, he more than deserves to keep his job! I'm happy for duffer too, the man is pure class, fact!

You should never blow about your team untill they win the competitions...Then ya can say what ya like about them..
    well to be be fair leeds have won what in the last ten years and you always go on about them, being a semi finalist a few years back, is that an achievment or something!?

Advertisement