Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blank dvds

• 03-04-2004 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hey patman, i was wondering if komplett were gonna start stocking more brands of blank dvds, i used to get all my media off komplett but im buying more and mroe off bigpockets because they have a much wider variety and cheaper prices, also where are the 50 whitelabels for €25 gone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

marx computers have an offer of 90 no-brand 1x DVD-Rs for 45 euros at the moment, you might be interested in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Gozer

Try http://www.blankdvd.co.uk/ for blank Dvds.I have bought from them no problems.They stock Ritek blanks which are the best.The Ritek G04 -R blanks will play on almost all players as will the G03s.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭iasc

hey gozer...how much was the shipping to here, thats the only problem i had with big pockets, it got here in 2 days, which was great but cost 15.50 sterling, which was not so good

Originally posted by Stephen
    marx computers have an offer of 90 no-brand 1x DVD-Rs for 45 euros at the moment, you might be interested in it.

i'd be very wary of them....i'd say they're grade c at the best, and they're one speed, which is so annoying. Its worth payiong the extra for good quality discs..ive learned my lesson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Gozer

Iasc: I got 50 Ritek G04s and a 100 Dvd cases from them two weeks ago.Total cost of shipping was 20.46 sterling.Most of the shipping cost was taken up with the Dvd cases as they weighed 7.4 kilos.I found them very communicative,they sent me loads of emails on any questions I asked them even how they had wrapped my order.I got the orange coloured Riteks and are Grade A Media.:cool:

• Advertisement

i still think bigpockets works out cheaper...but thanks ayway

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

I've used http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk. Excellent selection. I bought 90 2 speed DVD-R's for £34. Have used about 20 so far for backing up my DVD collection and every one of them have been perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

are mirror any good, compatability wise? bigpockets are doing a 100 pack of these for 45 euros.
    btw, I have an LG dvd-r/+r GSA-4040b

i bought these as wlel as a few of my friends...one has ur drive, we all had the same problem..at 4 speed where the last few scenes wouldnt play properly, however burnt with 2 speed, they are completely perfect, its says 50/50 with my drive, maybe this is why, i recommend updating to the latest firmware and burning at 2 speed, ive had no problems since, and they seem retty good quality

i bought these as wlel as a few of my friends...one has ur drive, we all had the same problem..at 4 speed where the last few scenes wouldnt play properly, however burnt with 2 speed, they are completely perfect, its says 50/50 with my drive, maybe this is why, i recommend updating to the latest firmware and burning at 2 speed, ive had no problems since, and they seem pretty good quality

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 blankdvd.co.uk

Hi

I appreciate the recommendation Gozer, thanks! And glad the DVDs and cases arrived safely.

<EDIT >

I hope this clears things up.

Best regards

Nick Hobbs

Mod Note: Nick - perhaps you were not aware, but you have posted in a forum paid for by Komplett, while you comments are welcome, you are also advertising your wares, which is a bit cheeky - if you want to advertise on Boards.ie (and not on the komplett.ie forum) please contact the admins - thanks.

Vexorg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

I wonder what Patman will think when he sees the competition invading the Komplett board?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Anyone know anything anything about these discs
    {DV 3051} Datawrite "RED" V2 4x DVD-R in tubs of 25 from

http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk/acatalog/FOR_DVD_R_RW_CLICK_HERE.html

ADVDINFO INFOSMART/AN31

These are AN31, my brother got AN35 and i didnt have any problem at all while backing up his film and console media with his nec 2500a burner. I was just wondering does anyone know if they are worse than the AN35's. Cause at £6.99/25 they are an absolute bargain as he didnt have one coaster with the previous ones. Any info would be appreciated.

ps: was about to order 125 of them until i noticed the different codes

I used to sell them but a fair number of people reported compatibility problems with them. When they work they seem to be fine.

Best regards

Nick Hobbs

For low cost blank DVD media please visit:

http://www.blankDVD.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭ando

the only problem with blankdiscshop is the shipping costs. It works out dearer for 25 white datasafe dvd-r's than it is from Peats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 zedsDeadBaby

I've noticed too that komplett just don't compete when it comes to blank DVDs
    cmon patman, do something about it :)

I just noticed my previous post was edited.

I'm sorry Vexorg and Komplett. I was unaware that this was a paid-for board. I don't normally post in forums as I just don't have the time but found this forum from my web site logs - I noticed a few people had visited my web site from this page and took a look and saw one of my customers had posted saying how pleased they were with their goods from me but I wanted to put straight about the postage costs as it is not expensive for just a pack of DVDs and like I said in the post that was edited out I don't recommend buying DVD cases from a foreign country as shipping is always so expensive due to the weight and the value of the cases are so cheap it just is not worth it.

Sorry for the intrusion. I'll leave you guys alone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭huh!

Kaisersose77 I just got a load of them delivered today from http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk

only took 2 days, and they seem fine to me so far, burning using a nec 1300a , if you would like me to post you one to try before you buy, pm me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

thanx for the offer but the brother ordered them yesterday, he emailed them and they said the current stock is AN35 so hopefully there perfect like the last ones,im in the midlands so id say it'll take that crap courier a week to get from dublin to westmeath as usual plus at least one postcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 hcvti

AN35????, are they better than AN31 DVD's, I got Mirror DVD's from bigpockets because they were cheap and I got Bulkpaq purple from ebuyer because they were cheap, I ended up with a load of coasters, The Mirror had a dye code of AN31(DVD DECRIPTOR will tell you this) and they all were Crap! glitches Galore, The Bulkpaq were equally as bad, some burnt, and of the ones that did they have since deteriated, the images during the film have got fuzzy!, May as well get the better media at a cheap Price, I use either Princo or Datawrite Yellow 4x, these disks are cheap, reliable, and have a low failure rate. I tried www.irldvd.com last time for these and they were all fine, not one failure rate.

So My question is AN31 better than AN35?, never came across these AN35 media?,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I bought some Mirror Platinum DVD+R 4 speed from www.pricestorm.co.uk

Free delivery.

25 pack cake box = £10.19 = ~€15.50 (~€0.60 per disk)

Gone through at least 75+ and no coasters yet.

Have tried them on a fair few DVD players and no problems.

Defo a good buy

ambrose :cool:

Advertisement