Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remembering Kurt Cobain - TBMC - April 12th.

Options
  • 03-04-2004 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭

Remembering Kurt Cobain (1967 - 1994)

Temple Bar Music Centre
    April 12th
    Doors 7.30pm SHARP.

Playing a fine mixture of Kurt's tracks and their own will be...

Berkeley
    Fairuza
    Primed
    Sing Sing
    Andalusia
    Matt Lunson w/ Dave Geraghty [rotators + bellx1]
    Ciaran Black

+ very special guests
    + DJs playing early 90's alternative until 3am.

Tickets - €10 from TBMC box office.

More info on all the acts to follow shortly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Wow, that should be excellent!!
    Am really looking forward to that now.....:D :D:D
    xxx me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭luce

Lucy=:D :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

I think I'm dumb
    Maybe just happy

Think I'm just happy (x3)

Oooooh Dick :D

You got style

This is gonna be great. I haven't seen Fairuza in months either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Man that should be a cracking night. I'd definitely go ... if I didn't have a poxy broken leg ! Stupid bones and their breakableness. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Thats a dynamite line-up! Does anyone remember when he died? Everyone went up to the monument in the Phoenix park and scrawled 'Kurt I love you' on to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

It was the 8th of April 1994 when Kurt's body was found, he died on the 5th they say.

Does anyone still have their ticket from the cancelled Point gig ? I was one of the idiots who got a refund at the time. £17 i think it was, that was a lot of money back then !

So by "Tickets available at the Box-office", do they mean on the night or in advance? Or either?
    :confused:
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Minerva

Originally posted by Thomas from Presence
    Thats a dynamite line-up! Does anyone remember when he died? Everyone went up to the monument in the Phoenix park and scrawled 'Kurt I love you' on to it?

yeah..."Nirvana Fans Come As You Are". My sister organised that.
    10 years..seems half that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭spoiltbrat

Originally posted by memaeve
    So by "Tickets available at the Box-office", do they mean on the night or in advance? Or either?
    :confused:
    xm

Hey Memaeve,
    They're available from now until the date at the door. Can't guarantee there'll be any left on the night.
    Thanks,
    Spoilt Dude.

• Advertisement

Cool, thanks. :)
    Will try pick mine up during the week when I get some money, after having bought Luce the giveamanakick album for her birthday......:)
    xxx me

Fantastic, I'll head in in the morning then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 DICEMAN

Fair play to whoever is organizing this gig. Great line-up. Can we get tickets through ticketmaster?

Originally posted by DICEMAN
    Can we get tickets through ticketmaster?

No, just through the TBMC box office - its open after 6 most nights... otherwise there might be some for sale at the bar during the day.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Hey. entertainment.ie seem to thnk tenspeed racer are headlining this...If they headline over Berkleley(or any other band on the planet) there is no justice in this world :(

Ten Speed Racer aren't playing on the night - Terry Cullen's band Sing Sing are booked to play but they're not headlining; Berkeley definitely are!

Sin E.

A lot of people are getting a bit frustrated about not being able to get tickets from the TBMC box office so we've given some to City Discs in Temple Bar - just to the left if you walk out from the TBMC entrance. There's a 1 euro handling charge.

Thanks, I'll stop harping on about the gig now!

Originally posted by spoiltbrat
    we've given some to City Discs in Temple Bar - just to the left if you walk out from the TBMC entrance. There's a 1 euro handling charge.
    Ah knobs I should have read this earlier :rolleyes: :D

Thanks, I'll stop harping on about the gig now!

Harp away! It's the only way people will understand the greatness of it all....:D

They weren't selling tickets at the bar today - box-office opens at 6/7 ish apparently.
    xxx me

Originally posted by memaeve
    Harp away! It's the only way people will understand the greatness of it all....:D

Um okay... I was speaking to Tommy Berkeley the other day and they're planning an animal set - mostly Nirvana songs and a whole lotta Nirvana style stage antics etc. They'll also be playing for a little longer than the other bands.

Tickets are selling like hot croissants and Lucoazade Sport on a hung-over morning, I don't think the TBMC is open tomorrow (Good Friday) but I think City Discs will be.

No definite word on the special guests yet; its one of those wierd promoter-type things where you can't announce them in case it effects ticket sales for future gigs 'n stuff.

Should be a competition on Phantom at some stage this weekend - listen out for Helen Cullen's show.

Message ends :)

• Advertisement

Ok, am DEFINITELY getting my ticket today!
    (Forgot all my moiney last night so I couldn't get it. :rolleyes: )
    Sooooo excited!!!!
    That sounds great about Berkeley's set!
    xm

Um okay... I was speaking to Tommy Berkeley the other day and they're planning an animal set - mostly Nirvana songs and a whole lotta Nirvana style stage antics etc. They'll also be playing for a little longer than the other bands.
    :D:D:D:D:D
    Just the way it should be! I got my tic last night-they're very nice I must say...

Hup ;):)

I hear the first 100-150 in get a free Fairuza cd (cover of 'Something in the Way').

Originally posted by luce
    Hup ;):)

I hear the first 100-150 in get a free Fairuza cd (cover of 'Something in the Way').

This is true.

Ollie from Turn told me at the weekend that he'd play a couple of numbers at it too - so fingers crossed.

Oh my god this just keeps getting better

Sweet sweet sweet. :D
    (bump ;) )

Get your asses to this people!!
    xm

Had a great night! Anyone else here go to this and care to share their opinions?

Stage looked brilliant.
    Very good turn-out from what i could see.
    Personally, I thought Fairuza put on the best show there, really enjoyed their set - good mix of covers and originals.
    Berkeley, of course, put on a great show too, but their set seemed very short, and it was a shame that we couldn't see Tommy wrecking the place 'cos of all the smoke. :(:D

Thought Primed were very good, but too heavy for my liking. Was great to finally see them, having heard so much about them.

The girl who played (sorry, don't remember her name) had a great voice, and it was great to see a female artist up there!

All in all, great night was had....and then Paddy playing Nancy Boy afterwards.....sweet. :D

xxx me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

I hear theres some pics of the gig on berks msg board:cool:

Good night.
    Very tiring though.

Nice pics Dick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Amy-UK

Yes it was a great night.
    I was in Dublin for the easter weekend, I went to the gig adn thought Fairuza were amazing. At the start there was Kurt's voice saying this is Kurt from Nirvana and to pay attention...then then Kryz from Fairuza came out with (what turned out to be a wig) on and I though it was a voice from the grave!

NOW COME AND PLAY IN ENGLAND!!!
    :D:D:D
    -Amy

ps-the free cd is great

Advertisement