Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trying to do a poster.

Options
  • 03-04-2004 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭

I've handed the poisoned chalice of doing our graduation ball, informal shindig when we graduate.

I'm picturing a prison break kind of picture, someone tunneling out and instead of a prison uniform they're in a graduation ball and gown.

part of the inspiration for that is that I'm thinking of holding it in the vaults.

prison_escape_shit.jpg
    *first one won't open cos of tha naughty word in the title - but its kinda like what I'm thinking

*this second one is like a line up, prison exercise yard. but its a meg in size
    http://www.wfu.edu/wowf/desktops/graduation-1280.jpg

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Just an idea, but you might like to try something like:

cannon.jpg

but with the graduate theme, instead? Just a thought...

/edit - damn something's wrong with that website.
    It was: http://www.prisonwall.org/postcard/pictures/cannon.jpg
    Basically, a guy being fired out of a cannon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

how bout something like what I've attached?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Very good alleepally. It's actually for a college grad though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Words are easy to change. It fitted better to use the school one to fit in with the quote from the movie poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

that ones fairly cool alleepally. :)
    We then thought maybe a clapperboard kinda thing - thats a wrap notion. Could easily fill in all the details on it as well.

Still thinking about it...

cheers for the help. If we use the poster we'll give you free tickets.

/sits back and watches the scramble ;):ninja:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Found this on the net, looks kinda cool, etc.

graduates.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

I was going for the PAROLE APPROVED sort of effect, tell me what you think.

graduation1.jpg

me likey :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

Can I improve it in any way?

Its very busy, we'll need to add text to it, were would it go? Also if in B&W (cost issues still up for debate) I'm not convinced it would work. Too lazy to print it off and check, but aving done posters before I'd imagine I'm right?
    Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

along the same ideas, how about a form with all the class details on it, and a stamp over it 'graduation approved'

as in duration of sentence/course
    what you're in for
    release date.
    that kinda thing. after the mention of shawshank redemption i have the picture in my head of red's parole form, and just the image of it begin stamped.

gah its hard to describe, my photoshopping skills are non existant. anyone know what i'm on about?

Originally posted by Seraphina
    along the same ideas, how about a form with all the class details on it, and a stamp over it 'graduation approved'

as in duration of sentence/course
    what you're in for
    release date.
    that kinda thing. after the mention of shawshank redemption i have the picture in my head of red's parole form, and just the image of it begin stamped.

was thinking that would be an excellent ticket, especially as some lads only make it through 3 years and get a general year, they could get a year off ofr good behaviour written on the ticket.

Advertisement