Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Portfolio

Options
  • 03-04-2004 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

Can any one help me?
    Im doing a portfolio for college, and It has to be finished on Wedensday.
    Can someone please outline exactly what should be in it???
    All help would be greatly accepted!
    :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Barbie_666

PLEASE?!? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

perhaps you should ask on the art board :(

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

Hi Barbie,

Mainly colleges look at portfolios just to make sure that you have not come in off the street, thinkin it would be great to get into media purely to meet celebs and get free stuff(As if that ever happenns..hehe).

i went to ballyfermot and am now in industry. All they need is usually some photos which you may have taken which show artistic content..ie framing, composition and content. They can even be holiday photos as long as they are taken well and look nice. They also usually look for some video footage. Usually a sequence whihc you shoot, say for example..if you were filming a wedding that you would get a wide of church, wide of them walkin up isle, shots of people smiling lookin at couple and cutaways(short shots of relevent things to bridge 2 other shots) like the couples hands, the cross on the altar and once again people in crowd. Then put it all together,shots usually 3-5 secs long so that it tells a story. Hope this helps!! Any more questions drop us a PM

ft9t9

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Originally posted by Barbie_666
    Can any one help me?
    Im doing a portfolio for college, and It has to be finished on Wedensday.
    Can someone please outline exactly what should be in it???
    All help would be greatly accepted!
    :)

Sorry petal, but if you don't know how to put a portfolio together, then I wouldn't get too hopeful about college if I were you.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Safe to say - Deadline gone.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement