Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Checking amount of transfers?

• 03-04-2004 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi all,

I just got broadband and alas the eircom demons never made me aware of the 4gb cap.. (sorry, Im new to all this)

Anyways I almost surely went over this on emule since I got the thing 5 days ago :( Is there a way in windows to check exactly how much transfers have been going on? I(its win 2k and im using the lan)

I was wondering if anyone knew what happens now? Am i just billed extra (how much?)?

Also, do I have to pay extra to get the other 8gb package? (as in another $99)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

http://dslstats.eircom.net/

Is that what you want?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

afaik no-ones been charged for going well beyond their cap, some ppl download 30/40/50 sometimes 60gigs a month with eircom and never been charged but at the same time I wouldnt like to risk it. Eircom also have plans to very shorty start properly charging at 3.6cent per MB for people who go over the cap and around €33 per gig thats damn expensive. Eircom could announce this officially any day of any week so I would feel sorry for the persons who are well beyond their caps when that happens. To get the 8gb package you will pay €54 a month for your dsl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

If you're running emule on the 4GB Eircom package (which only has a 1GB upload allowance) your uploads will kill you if they start billing for excess.

I run it quite a bit - since my last reboot about two weeks ago my emule stats report 2.5GB downloaded and 3.5 uploaded. Just keep it in mind. One of the reasons I went with the ISP I did was that there was no upload cap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭wiensta

phew! thats a massive relief.. at least for now

Ive gone a good few gigs over at this stage about 2 extra on the upload alone.

I just ordered to get the 8 gig upgrade anyways so I should be ok

Thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Is there a similar way of checking transfers with iol broadband?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Advertisement