Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

v525 and bluetooth

• 03-04-2004 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I just got my motorola v525, and im trying to connect it to my pc via bluetooth. My pc finds the phone and the phone asks do I want to accept a connection, and I say yes. Then im presented with a screen asking for a passkey! and thats my problem! what is it! its not the generic '0000', it doesnt seem to be my pin number, or my security code or my unlock code! Please could anyone help me!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Its a user defined code. It should be in your bluetooth settings somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dragon_ninja82

Cheers man, ive been looking, but I cant seem any option to set a passkey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Cheers man, ive been looking, but I cant seem any option to set a passkey!

Have you tried googling it, barring that reading the manual?

The only mention the manual makes of a passkey is a sentence saying 'put in your passkey, eg '1234' on your phone' which would be used when establishing a connection with a passkey pre-defined as 1234 in this case. Googling it has been futile so far too, the only answers i get are 'try the generic code '0000' '

found it, i had to drag the phone over in the security box to the trusted pair devices slot which has now brought up a passkey dialog! christ that was tricky!

• Advertisement

now its getting annoying, ive set up the passkey etc, but i still cant do anything! my pc detects my phone setting up a connection, allthough a connection error comes up when trying to establish it, and my phone doesnt detect my pc at all! any ideas?

Got it, it has to be connected through phone tools, and not through a bluetooth connection installer! savage

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭topgold

How is it working?

Advertisement