Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lets have a reunion

Options
  • 03-04-2004 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

this saturday (10th) in stevens green anytime after noon. everyone who ever went to ctyi owes it to themselves (and me) to attend. toodles.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Doctor Funfrock

lets have a kegger :D

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

yar to both.
    but more of session 2 individuals!!

tibilt: get a chair a busk at said meeting place, to ensure that those of us who come in, see nobody, and wander off, don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Danny, no! the tenth is easter saturday, consider us not in dublin people who won't be able to make it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭tibilt

come down the day before sarah, you can stay in my house. in fact, All of you non-dublin based life forms can stay in my house the night before. we'll have a pre-reunion party. but for real for sarah

and to alim: i will be there with bells on.

• Advertisement

stop the proverbial presses. in order to make sure this reunion is the biggest in recorded history(recorded history being the lost and forgotten threads of this forum), i would like to propose that anyone unsure of their ability to attned this saturday instead make their way greenward next saturday(17th). EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO HAS EVER CONTEMPLATED ATTENDING A CTYI REUNION MUST COME.please?

so, to recap - the official reunion is on next saturday(17th).
    but anyone who would like to take time out of their hectic schedules for a small meet and greet of sorts this saturday might be pleasantly surprised.

and everyone who comes has to hug sarah.(dont worry - i will Mark her)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Hehe. Once again I thwart you Danny. I am in Kerry next weekend :P it is not my fault, but I am. Soo...yes. None of the marking shall take place.

/me sticks out tongue at danny

and i bought a new marker and everything...

pleasantly surprised? how so? pray tell.
    i hope ur sending e-mail invites too. and txts and calling day and night. set up an 'organising business.'

i'm doing my best alim, but feel free to take up the slack

• Advertisement

well.i have mailed those in my contact list.
    unfortuneately, some come up with the same tripe: have a reunion elsewhere.
    but still. some are coming.
    as for txtn, i got rid of icq and therefore my free txts. and also, i should be studying.

WE'RE NOT CHANGING THE LOCATION. those who do not live in dublin, GET OFF UR ASSES!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Peterfing

Well, I'll be in Dublin on Saturday... Will there be anyone at this reunion that will make it worth my while going? IE, is there anyone going that I actually know??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Underscore

I shall be there, camping up the place and making hilarious teapot-based innuendo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

hmmm... i may go. it being easter and all. i'll be around thereabouts anyhoo so... hmm.

but what's pissing me off is whenever i click on a thread i get a pop-up telling me about weight-loss! and this pop-up features ugly people in bikinis! WHAT DO I DO?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Underscore

1) Remove adware with Ad-Aware.

2) Remove spyware with Spybot Search & Destroy.

3) Use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer. Ain't no pop-ups going to get past that baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭the_only_Ali

I can come. See you all there, whoever you all are...

tibilt.? where were u today. i was in waiting with Sim between 12.30-13.30.
    some surprise..

Well... that was a "great" reunion. Actually I had a good time but it was more of a hanging-out-with-two-people than a reunion. Alison, where were you? Eoin and I were wandering around for quite some time.

Sorry! I was in Kerry... well, on my way home actually. I didnt know there was a reunion on anyway. This is what happens when my parents part me from the internet for that amount of time! I'll see u saturday anyway I guess.
    Yay! Reunion!!!
    And NOT MY FAULT if anyone breaks any bones ok????

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

d'y'all want me to have a go at organising a reunion for ye on the 17th???
    cos if there's one thing reilly can do, it's organise. LIKE A FOX.
    and then you'd have a reunion like never before. a super mega hyper massive wonderful reunion. full of glee.

• Advertisement

Alison, I think its safe to say it will always be your fault any time anything bad happens at a reunion ever again. That poor boy. His collar bone was severely damaged thanks to you...

On a different note, why will I see you Saturday?

Didnt u say you were coming up on saturday? Oops must have misread post... Ok then, see you in July.

And it WASN'T MY FAULT. I blame George Bush.

Really? Coz I blame you.

Also, the weather WAS your fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Originally posted by Peterfing
    That poor boy. His collar bone was severely damaged thanks to you...

if you mean eamonn, i think that one was my fault.....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Feh... Super Mega <insert random words here> reunion. I'll believe it when I see it, which I won't.

if you come to the reunion, and try and make everyone you know come to the reunion, you might. the reason the reunions always suck is because people assume nobody is showing up - so nobody shows up.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Tbh the reasons they suck is that:
    a) people hold them during the school year. People aren't gonna go, lots wont anyhow.
    b) not enough planning and invites etc, as you said
    c) oldies don't go - that's a pretty big one in my opinion.

I've gone to a few, very few, recently - mostly because I've not heard about them etc etc - there's very VERY few people there I know.

In most cases I only know that maybe 1 person I know is going, etc.

Feh.

if you went more you would get to know more people. the reason that they're during the school year is so we keep in touch after the summer. thats the whole point of reunions. the only reason they suck is because nobody goes. the reason nobody goes is because they assume they will suck.

this is similar to the chicken or the egg debate.

and podge, u know me! and tibilt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

Feh.
    wow. i'm massively impressed that we have such vibrant, positive members of the youth of ireland today on this board.

jesus if ye're not gonna go, don't bitch about it.

anyway, idea for the summer, not before that cos i won't be able to go-
    i was talking about ctyi with a friend a while ago and i was saying that i'd go to more reunions if they weren't so ****e, and he said everyone should like bring their guitars and what not and have a big dirty session seeing as we're all so talented. and i think that's a sweet little idea.
    cos everyone just wanders off after fifteen minutes like.

Advertisement