Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lets have a reunion

Options
2»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Bring back invading Eddie Rockets.

That was great.

Who's tibilt? (Since you're saying I know him Alim?)

Anyhow. Feh. We can't all be positive all of the time. Feh is a general comment, it pertains to life itself not just this thread. No need to lay into poor defenceless Podge.

In all fairness I've done my part in reunions. I organised a number of them. A fair few were successful too. Any how. I'm not opposed to reunions etc etc. I do goto them if I'm told about them, well used to anyhow.

There's no harm meeting new people etc etc and I've done that. I know a number of CTYIers who I have never been to CTYI with because they went after my time. But I'm not gonna start turning up to reunions where even they don't go anymore as even they are nevermores etc. Reunions are great and all but they don't need one awkward looking guy standing around who knows absolutely noone and is a good 5 years ahead, academically speaking. I'm old! :p Come October I'll be in my final year of my degree. CTYI is not what CTYI was. It's understandable. Things change etc. It's great that people still enjoy it. I don't mind meeting new people. A good number of my good CTYI friends would be people I got to know at reunions. It's just hard to reminsce when the people you're with weren't around when you were and don't know any of the people/stories etc.

I can rant all night but I'm tired etc.

Make a real reunion in the true sense of the word reunion. Reunite people from many years of CTYI. Not just current generations/new nevermores. That's how to make reunions good.

The shame is people get old. They have to be more responsible and hold down jobs/actually study.

I remember reunions where we'd stand outside of the Green for a good 2/3 hours before wandering off for food in Eddie Rockets or something and of course end up back at the green splayed out on the grass beside the bandstand/in the bandstand.

Anyhow I'll finish on a high note. Feh. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭tibilt

purplepolkadot - excellent idea but your not allowed play guitar in the green. the park guardian people will evict you and confiscate your guitar. friend of mine got fined cause of it before.

anyone who reads through this forum and doesn't go to the reunion(assuming they are physically able) will be stricken by a mutagenic monkey virus. says me.

shut up! thats why!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭larry

lers have one in her house, surely one is allowed to play guitar there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

I have but one small suggestion, you could harness the wonders of modern technology by carrying portable communication devices and to help in engaging with these devices and make full use of such a wonderous concept you should ensure that you each have the requisit codes with which to contact eachother prior to leaving this less instant method of communication behind. That way you can preclude the possibility of the missappropriation of personages from the aforementioned reunion and increase the efficiency of achievement of stated aim.

any questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭strawberry

Originally posted by SOL
    I have but one small suggestion, you could harness the wonders of modern technology by carrying portable communication devices and to help in engaging with these devices and make full use of such a wonderous concept you should ensure that you each have the requisit codes with which to contact eachother prior to leaving this less instant method of communication behind. That way you can preclude the possibility of the missappropriation of personages from the aforementioned reunion and increase the efficiency of achievement of stated aim.

any questions?

You have problems. Serious problems.

And oldies dont go to reunions because we dont have time. Precious, precious time. Sigh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I dont go cus i have low views of a lot of the current generation, simply cus a few of em bug me.

*shrug* its near impossible to get the oldies altogether podge, i mean some of em have left the country. Natasha for instance is in Australia last i heard.

Feh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭the_only_Ali

If you mean Eamonn, i think that one was my fault...

See? Maybe not George Bush, just Aonghus, but still NOT ME

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭tibilt

Originally posted by strawberry
    You have problems. Serious problems.

how do you figure?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Originally posted by crash_000
    I dont go cus i have low views of a lot of the current generation, simply cus a few of em bug me.

*shrug* its near impossible to get the oldies altogether podge, i mean some of em have left the country. Natasha for instance is in Australia last i heard.

Feh.

I know... I'll echo the "feh" but there's still some oldies in the country. We haven't all left the country, yet. A couple of million euro will see me in San Francisco though that'd be only semi-permanent possibly probably maybe.

I'll be here for a while yet in other words! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

Oh I have absoloutley no intention of going, I wouldn't even know any of them, I was merely trying to allow them to benefit from the experience gained by spend my saturdays roaming around town without any plans, unless of course someone wants to organise a class of 2001 re onion, yes onion, but thats not really gonna happen this time of year as has already been said, time precious time,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

how many people actually went?

anyway with the eamonn thing i think more people than aonghus were to blame.

Advertisement