Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irishbroadband mail servers

• 03-04-2004 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

Anybody know the POP and SMTP servers for IBB ??

Just setting up my system, and realised that I haven't got them. No weekend support afaik.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

I don't know if POP is available, they never gave me an email address to use with it but perhaps if you ask ...

For sending mail their smtp server is:

smtp.irishboardband.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Serbian

Originally posted by rob1891
    smpt.irishboardband.ie
    If that doesn't work, try smtp.irishbroadband.ie :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Deacon Blues

Grand job.

Thanks lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

sorry to resurrect an old one here but does anyone know the default port for the smtp as i seem to have entered something else by mistake and it wont go back to default :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

gsand wrote:
    sorry to resurrect an old one here but does anyone know the default port for the smtp as i seem to have entered something else by mistake and it wont go back to default :(
    25 i think :)

• Advertisement

thanks zoro

im actually trying to use it for this email questionnaire program(to send questionnaires for my thesis not spam!) and it sends via smtp and so far its failing for some reason but i have a box which says server requires authentication which seems something i really should have filled in! do i need to ring ibb and get username/password or am i missing something here lol! or is it just that you need to be connected through an ibb ip as im stuck in work at the mo which is not ibb so maybe thats it?

sorry to go off topic a little.

Well if it requires authentication, then it probably wants a valid user/pass combination
    But you wouldn't want to put that sort of information on the internet now would you ;)

You can use a free public smtp server (mail.iol.ie???) but I'm not 100% sure on a list of them - sorry

lol

well what i meant to say was it dosnt require authentication but it is an option...i was wondering if ibb use this option or if u simply have to be on an ibb ip when performing such an action. i just read a piece which seems to suggest the latter so ill give it a shot when i get home and hope for the best :) many thanks :)

Ah I see :)

Yeah that's pretty much standard practice now for ISP's to limit the access to SMTP servers to the users that should actually be using them. Spam prevention and stuff like that - good luck with it anyway :)

Advertisement