Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invaild CD key Viet-Navan

Options
  • 03-04-2004 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭

I have a perfectly Legal copy of BFV with legit CD key but it when i try to connect to the server it displays the 'Invaild' message.

Its v1.0 running off disc 1 . No fixedEXE's or no cd patches etc

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

This only happen on Navan?

Was your game boxed sealed when you bought it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Havn't tried it on another server tbh. Mostly play it on our wlan. Thought I'd have a go seen as theres people off here on it. I'll try it on another server tomorrow.

Yea as far as I can remember it was sealed. I bought it from Game in blanchardstown.

What disqualifies a cd key ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

If another person is using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

If the problem still persists you will need to follow the advise as given by EA support:
    Question: When connecting to an internet server an error occurs stating "Invalid CD Key." How do I fix this?

This indicates an error in the Windows registry. To resolve this, you will need to enter your CD key again using a Utility called Battlefield Vietnam_code.exe.

1. Double Click My Computer.
    2. Double Click the C drive.
    3. Double Click the Program Files folder.
    4. Double Click the Battlefield Vietnam folder.
    5. Double Click the eReg folder.
    6. Double Click the file called 'Battlefield Vietnam_code'.
    7. Enter your CD key into the boxes provided and click 'Next'.
    Disregard the error about the image not loading on the left hand side.

This should insert your CD key into your registry again and you should be
    able to join a Multiplayer game without this error.

From EA Customer Support

If your still having problem's try out some of the "Related Answers" on the link above.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I've tried contacting them.
    a week later, I stilll haven't recieved a new key :rolleyes: sent pics.
    did it through that website, said they won't give me help, they're only for us/canada, told me to contact my local one, replied back, saying theres none for ireland.
    was told to try uk one.
    uk said to try us/main one
    they said try uk one,
    us then told me to bring back to shop, but i haven't had the time yet, and I have the game 8 days now and think its too late to do such a thing in game..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

You get 10 days for returns in game

Just explane what happened im sure they will help you out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

return it to where u baought it?
    a friend of mine got a game in game and the cd key was already used so it isnt uncommon
    i think some people get games there use the key then return them

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Ah yea loads do.
    I think some shops should have tha ability to cancel/void the cd-key that a person just brought back the game of and they can re-issue a new one when someone else buys it... could be an idea

Advertisement