Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Blackburn (Scores)

• 04-04-2004 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Terrific opening 15 mins has Liverpool 1 up (Owen scored!) they are completely dominating the midfield.

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Andy Todd OG! Under pressure from Diouf.

Mike.

OMG!OMG!OMG!

Liverpool 3 - 0 Blackburn. Heskey, Diouf and Owen are running riot.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Gwan the pool, Champions League here we come! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Well I had to look at the bloody scores. Im watching the game on RTL5 at 4pm (hour delay) better than nought, was hoping not to look at scores but couldnt resist. I best not tell the lads who are coming over to watch it the scores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

Whats happening, are we playing that well, though have to admit blackburen are a dire team this season, not the same as last year but then again a certain damien duff played for them.
    Hopefully this will give the team a bit more confidence now to nail down the 4th place. How is donkey heskey playing? Glad to see risse back in.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by galwaydude
    . How is donkey heskey playing?

he's just scored! Alan Green calls him the best player of the game...

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

this is great, cant believe we are actually winning 4:0, well done lads.
    All we need now is another one, go on the pool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Argh... conflict of feelings... want them to win and play well but then again it just keeps Houllier in the job that bit longer :/

If ITV have the Premiershipon tonight I'll tape it just to remember the joy of a good Liverpool win! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

This from liverpoolfc.tv report...

"Heskey was quite brilliant in the first-half. His control and first touch were exceptional, his unselfish play set Owen up on more than one occasion and he was unlucky not to score himself early on when he struck a shot just over the bar from outside the area..."

Surely a misprint or 5 there !!! Great win, can we get a run going now i wonder...its only Arsenal next. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

No misprint Heskey played very well and deserved his goal. Just finoshed watching it there and they played very well which was odd and got some good goals. Owen's second goal was a pure cracker.

Easily could have been 6-0 as Riise, Murphy and Baros missed fantastic chances in the dying minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

de-fookin-lighted

great game altogether.

dont mean to be a pesimist, but houllier always pulls a grrrreat result outta the bag, and then we get a crappy run goin again... just watch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

what was the line-up in defence? only caught the goals on sky sports news last night. Owens 2nd was contender for goal of the month.:p

GH's after match comment about that he didn't want pool to beat them 6 or 7-0 cos he didn't like seeing teams humiliated just goes to show he hasn't got the ruthlessness to bring us any further. :dunno: I'm surprised he didn't settle for a 1-0. It could come down to goal difference at the last day and I hope he dosn't eat those words. Newcastles defence is our bonus at the moment cos its not helping their goal difference but they seem to be able to bang them in the other end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Originally posted by Lex Luthor
    what was the line-up in defence? only caught the goals on sky sports news last night. Owens 2nd was contender for goal of the month.:p

GH's after match comment about that he didn't want pool to beat them 6 or 7-0 cos he didn't like seeing teams humiliated just goes to show he hasn't got the ruthlessness to bring us any further. :dunno: I'm surprised he didn't settle for a 1-0. It could come down to goal difference at the last day and I hope he dosn't eat those words. Newcastles defence is our bonus at the moment cos its not helping their goal difference but they seem to be able to bang them in the other end.

The pool scored as many as Newcastle this weekend and the only difference, as you quite rightly said, was that their defence was poor for the Everton goals. If we match them goal for goal and don't concede as many then that fourth place is Pools for the taking.

Originally posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    The pool scored as many as Newcastle this weekend and the only difference, as you quite rightly said, was that their defence was poor for the Everton goals. If we match them goal for goal and don't concede as many then that fourth place is Pools for the taking.

It's not too often L'pool score more than once in a game so they should have gone for 5 or 6 yesterday. I was very happy for the 4 though. Hopefully we don't go into last game against Newcastle needing a win cos I wouldn't like a repeat of last season. Whats up with Henchoz? I'm surprised he's whinging. who would have thought Biscan would be keeping him out???? Good to see Riise back to give that balance on left hand side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Originally posted by Space Coyote
    This from liverpoolfc.tv report...

"Heskey was quite brilliant in the first-half. His control and first touch were exceptional, his unselfish play set Owen up on more than one occasion and he was unlucky not to score himself early on when he struck a shot just over the bar from outside the area..."

Surely a misprint or 5 there !!! Great win, can we get a run going now i wonder...its only Arsenal next. :rolleyes:

its not a bad time to play arsenal, they've had a lot of games recently, ljunberg and reyes won't play, a 4-0 for a bit of confidence/form
    play like that again and might even get something from the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Originally posted by Thanx 4 The Fish

The difference was that Liverpool were playing a brutal Blackburn side with the almighty John Stead and Paul Gallagher in attack.

Was a good win for Liverpool though, should have been more though, howevere I would have settled for 4-0 before kickoff!

lets not look into it too much. B'burn are probably the worst team away from home. Lets hope there are a few more injuries to Arsenal Tue night and we get them at good time for us. It's probably the best chance we'll get to beat them and we probably need to cos I think Newcastle will get a win off them on Sunday

Advertisement