Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal to win... Nothing

• 04-04-2004 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭

I know that chances are they will probably go on to win the league but I think its a possibility for Arsenal to win nothing. What do you all think

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

I was thinking the very same thing earlier today and after their gutless display yesterday and Chelsea closing the gap in the league they might blow up

Should be interesting

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

i was thinking there was already a thread on this

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Yeah kaids is right but seeing as this is here my opinion on the matter is:

Arsenal have been the best team in england this season. They haven't become a bad team overnight. Yeah they played ****e against Utd yesterday (by their own high standards) but its one game. They've got a tough run coming up alright, but its too early and in my opinion unfair on the achievements of the team to be discussing Arsenal finishing with nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭markomac316

I dont like to speculate anything until the league has been won to say they will not win is neither here nor there, man utd and chelsea can still win it.

Same with the SPL never write off Rangers until its impossible for them to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Originally posted by markomac316
    I dont like to speculate anything until the league has been won to say they will not win is neither here nor there, man utd and chelsea can still win it.

Same with the SPL never write off Rangers until its impossible for them to win.

Have to agree with that, I don't agree with people who think its over before its over. Arsenal thought they had it won last season but forgot there was actually 38 games in the season and not 30. People then said Arsenal threw it away but its based over all the games not til march. Doesn't matter when u get your points once u get them

Kinda like the grand national the other day, was one horse winning the whole way, fell at the last fence.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

was one horse winning the whole way, fell at the last fence
    that horse was actually third when he fell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

well chelsea were going at 7-1 to win the league, felt it was worth a 15 quid bet atleast... they have the harder run down i think but with the players and fans all backing raneiri at this point i can see them maybe pulling something special off (i hope..)

slapped on real aswell to take the champions league at a tenner as i like to support them and makes it more exciting :p

same goes for celtic, hate betting on them as i feel shady for some reason because i love the hoops so much, but 6-1 to win uefa cup i think they are well up for it this season, 15 quid a go go :)

(i thought bugger it tonight, im not usually a better person, but this is the equivlent to some crap i would buy *i.e a new pc game..*)

anyway, g'wan chelsea ;) i hope arsenal win nothing as i have bets placed elsewhere against them was my point :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

I got celtic at 10-1 before the barce game :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 doozerjack

its too early and in my opinion unfair on the achievements of the team to be discussing Arsenal finishing with nothing.

Whats so unfair??(??) Its a regular topic in relation to pretty much every other team of interest (Liverpool, Chelsea and United usually). And in Arsenal's case its more relevant than most seeing as they do have that habit of screwing up in the run-in.
    It was always a possibility, and I'll be no more surprised to see them win nothing as win the PL.
    With the injuries they suddenly have to contend with, its perfectly reasonable to question whether they'll come through the next 3 games with a win. They havent had to contend with an injury problem like that all season.
    With Freddie and Reyes out, Henry "tired" / awol, Ali*** and Kanu looking lost, there's going to be a real test of character for Pires, Vieira, Edu, and Bergkamp to pull the team through.
    Maybe they'll bounce back against Chelsea, but I wouldnt bet on it. I think the wobble has begun.

Advertisement