Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[ Mod News ] Tiberian Aftermath

Options
  • 04-04-2004 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭

Tiberian%20Aftermath.jpg

I've been keeping an eye on this mod for quite awhile, being a big fan of the old C&C series. I have to say I'm extrememly impressed with their progress so far. They have produced some of the most beautiful models I've ever seen in BF.

They have recenetly moved the mod to the Bf: Vietnam engine (and rightly so :)) and I eagerly await their first realease, hopfully sometime soon.

Clicky for larger images.

thumb_1.jpg thumb_5.jpg thumb_2.jpg
    thumb_1.jpg thumb_2.jpg thumb_3.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

That's a really cool idea. I like those units.

Though I'd say a C&C: Generals mod might get a bit more attention from the young uns.

And driving an overlord would be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Looking good, cant wait to jump into them orca's :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

hmm that would be quite a cool mod meshing two of my favourite games :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Yeah it might be ok; Ive been watching this mod since day one of announcement, and the one thing they've lacked since then is skinners. Most of the models (and they've done ALL the TS units now) are nicely modelled, but don't have any skins., so lovely grey models ;)

I think the well is seriously running dry for BF mod teams and people to work for them at this stage. Still though, lovely models as you said. Wonder if they will adapt any aspects of the "Empires" mod, which has base building and resource collecting (in BF!) cos that would be damn cool

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Originally posted by regeneration
    the one thing they've lacked since then is skinners.
    Wot would you need to become a "skinner"? Wot toolz(3D Max/Photoshop/wot?) and most importantly, are there any basic tutorials on the subject?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Photoshop Or Paint Shop Pro is what most people use; and you generally need a good artisitic background (and experience!). Skinners are the guys who put the dents and dirt and camouflage on all those lovely tanks and planes, taking those gray models (look at the temple of nod above) and putting a skin over the model to make it look .. well... "real" (look at the wolverine).
    The only tutorials are ... draw. There really are no a-z's or get-good-quicks for that sorta thing, just start with stuff like making stone/metal textures and work from there. and "Photoshop metal texture tutorial" in google yields a wealth of basic tutorials.
    Most skinners have experience with "unwrapping" models, but you wouldn't need to know that straight away. start small with surface textures, as that's 99% of the skinner's work.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

:eek:

omfg frikken sweet,cant wait.

CombatCow

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Taken from FPS Central Battlefield : Vietnam

Goth over at the Tiberian Aftermath website has given us a status update on their server change. He says they are about 85% finished, he also welcomes some new members to the team, Medic-Smokey and Mydarbin. Finally, he posts some screens for our viewing pleasure, check em out!

Sorry for the lack of updates, with the changing of servers it's been very hectic, we are 85% moved. Anyway, first is first, I would love to welcome Medic-Smokey and Mydarbin to the team, they are both mappers and shall be giving us some great maps (if you guys check the forums you'll see some WIP screenshots. Next off on tonights list, we need skinners, badly, this mod isnt going to be releaed without skins, we have 3 skinners who have a huge backlog of models and just cant skin them all, so please, if you can skin in any way please email me at TatterdGoth@Hotmail.Com Thanks. Next item on the list is todays update, yep. SpartnII has been busy, as always giving us great models, first on the list is the NOD Harpy, its a re-done version of our eariler one, the nod Harpy is a souped up Apache, very nice =), next item is the NOD Banshee, we know Meph already modelled it, but Spartn thought it would be fun to give it a go, so he did, not bad =). Last on the list tonight is the GDI Repair Pad, modelled by Cebt. Anyway, that's all we have for you this evening, if you can skin, drop me a line, please. Anyway, see ya guys =)

thumb_1.jpg thumb_6.jpg thumb_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

ya know I played TS back in the day, not online though but I loved that game,. Everyone harped on about how bad it was but I thought it was the most underrated game(and the bestest :)) of the C&C series..sheer brilliance in a box, this looks fantastic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

t_1.jpg t_2.jpg
    t_3.jpg] t_4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

could this have the potential impact on bfv that DC did on bf42?

Advertisement