Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great new Midland band

Options
  • 04-04-2004 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

Just thought I'd tell ye all about a great new rock band springing up in the midlands. They're called Daze and are three piece rock group that having been playing the pub circuit in Athlone over the last few months. If anyone's heard them play, go ahead and share your opinions on them with us. Also I'd advise anyone that sees a notice up about them playing to go in and suss them out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Wow!they just sprang up out of the ground?thats incredible!

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

smartass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

do they only play around the athlone area...?? i love going to see bands.. esp new ones.. i will keep and eye out or maybe even two.. :)

So far they only seem to play in Athlone. They've played most of the live music type pubs now at this stage:

41's a few times
    Kelly's a few times (before the change of management)
    Ricks a few times
    Durty Harrys (I think)
    The Palace

And their first gig was in the Royal Hoey on new years eve. Everyone I spoke to that night was raving about them. And I was in rayners like a sucker, listening to **** music. Of course the "scenery" in rayners was better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Bu

Yeh i saw them and they are class. Don't listen to rock but i thought they were really good. Playin in Ricks dis Sunday(11th) so go see them if ye're roundabout

• Advertisement

Ah are u serious bu? That's shockin, just the weekend I'm away. Hopefully they'll play somewhere next weekend. You'll come out if they are won't you? Ridiculous question!! Asking you if you'll come out for a pint is like asking if the Pope is Catholic!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Bu

Does a bear **** in the woods?! i'll be out if im not dead after dis weekend!!

Myself and Bu there saw Daze again tonight, were in cinema and popped into Nuts Corner afterwards for a pint to catch the end of their set. They are amazing. People, Ye have gotta go see them!! Do it while you can still see them for the price of a few pints. When they're selling out the Point Depot and topping the charts just remember you heard it here first!!!

Advertisement