Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bhoy who would be king

• 04-04-2004 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

The bhoy who would be king, Aiden McGeady anyone ever heard of him? If you havent read the article below he sounds amazing from what i've read hes hopefully gonna be playing for Ireland and Celtic soon {Woah for club and country} I honestly cant wait if all the things this says is true sounds like an awesome talent.

Anyone agree?

Bhoy who would be king

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

He sounds good

But he's young so might never turn out to be the great player hes ment to be.....And it seem's hes only playing for Ireland because scotland is pure **** (not that we could blame him for that)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭AmenToThat

Originally posted by bizmark
    He sounds good

But he's young so might never turn out to be the great player hes ment to be.....And it seem's hes only playing for Ireland because scotland is pure **** (not that we could blame him for that)

Where did you hear this?
    His mam and dad are from Donegal and he declared for Ireland aged 15, sounds like someone with more than a passing interest in playing for Ireland to me........

His dads parents are from ireland
    John, whose parents are from Gweedore in Donegal, presumed his son would play for Scotland
    He wants to play in World Cups and European championships and feels that he might have more chance of reaching them with Ireland

^ He's right of course and i dont blame him for wanting to play for the better team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭dccarm

Who knows who will be the better team in five years? If he feels more Irish than Scottish then he should play for Ireland. If he genuinely feels Scottish but has chosen Ireland because of the better prospects then Ireland are welcome to him. I'll take 11 Christian Daillys or Alex Raes before any Neil Sullivans or Matt Elliots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

This story has been flying around for a few weeks.......Martin said he would give all the younger players a chance once they get the league title under there belts.....if they continue to go they way they r(except last Sats 2-2 draw) they would have 6-7 games or something left and already be champions.,.......they had an interview da other day on the paper with McGeady and O'Neill told him he would give him and another couple of the younger players a chance then in the league games to get some experience....

According to all reports so far he seems to be a cracking wee player

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭bdiddy

any1 else only read d article cos d paper came with free cd????

As for the bhoy,sounds a bit too good to be true.... why is he only emerging now?.......Are the Sunday Times the only ones who noticed him?.........Why hasnt any1 ever heard of him?

Hope i'm wrong and the article wasnt an exaggeration, a better striker than Robbie.....imagine Robbie,Duffer and an even better striker than Robbie:D playin for Ireland, add all the promise and hope we have for players like o'shea,miller, Ried(both), Dunne and the already class Given, Carr and Finnan.

Euro 2008 wont be in Ireland but u never no the trophy might:eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭markomac316

Ireland are won of the top 5 - 10 teams in Europe, the only ones better that I can think off r France, Germany, Spain, Portugal, England n Italy..

Originally posted by dccarm
    Who knows who will be the better team in five years? .

I can take a guess :D and it wont be scotland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I mentioned McGeady in another thread after reading the article in the Times before I saw this thread.
    His dads parents are from ireland
    From FAI.ie:
    Born in Glasgow to Irish parents, Aiden McGeady turned down strong overtures from Scotland to represent the Republic of Ireland. A confident player on the ball, McGeady is more of a creator than striker. He is a regular in the Celtic youth team.
    Put it this way, I don't think he can be classed a Plastic Paddy.

I can't wait to see him play and it won't be too long a wait.

Put it this way, I don't think he can be classed a Plastic Paddy

Once they pull on that green shirt their as irish as any one of us tbh

Btw the site linked in the first post says hes dad's perents are from ireland while the fai said his (the player) perents are from ireland .....SO which site is right ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Once they pull on that green shirt their as irish as any one of us tbh

Btw the site linked in the first post says hes dad's perents are from ireland while the fai said his (the player) perents are from ireland .....SO which site is right ?

Both Born in Donegal so Irish and from Ireland:D

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭paddyduff

That's one hell of a hyped player!... it will be good to see him get a couple of run outs for the celts before the end of the season. Very odd for a lad to turn his back on the country he was born and raised in though?! Hopefully he is the real deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭AmenToThat

Originally posted by bdiddy

As for the bhoy,sounds a bit too good to be true.... why is he only emerging now?.......Are the Sunday Times the only ones who noticed him?.........Why hasnt any1 ever heard of him?

Maybe if you cared to look out side the confines of the English Premiership youd know that celtic fans have been watching this guy come through the ranks for at least a year with great excitment.
    Im just surprised that its taken other people so long to get an interest in him!
    Now he may well fall flat on his face in years to come but at underage level he is the outstanding talent within Celtics youth set up!

Also worth noting that a 16 old Irish striker is starting to turn heads with his performances for Celtic at under age level now as well.
    I think his name is Dairmuid o Carroll from county Kerry, not sure of the facts on him yet but apparently hes scoring at a rate of one every two games for the under 19s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭markomac316

Havent heard of tht other guy know doubt ill be hearing of him soon, the Celtic youth squad is really good, and we dont need the facilities Rangers have got.

Ill keep my ear to the ground about Dairmuid o Carroll.

As pleased as I was to see the article about Aiden McGeady im not sure weither its a good thing or not cause its gonna put a lot of pressure on him. Lets hope he can handle it, n hopefully Martin will give him a run out and we can see what hes like in the big league {please no jokes towards the SPL, most people here like the Premier League n its a 2 team show as well}

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭dccarm

I can take a guess :D and it wont be scotland

I'd guess the same myself to be honest, given the current set up of the two countries. But then it's less than six years since Scotland were unluckily losing to Brazil in the opening game of the World Cup so like I say, who knows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

McGeady made his debut for Celtic today and scored. There's still an hour left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

I have yet to see him play but this fella is being seriously hyped !! Hope to see him play for Ireland in the future with all this ability everyone seems to say he has!
    Put it this way, I don't think he can be classed a Plastic Paddy

What is a plastic paddy exactly ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement