Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rumours of my demise have been greatly exaggerated...

Options
  • 04-04-2004 9:29pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all from Canada...

I was over here snowboarding and broke my femur (thigh bone) clean in half and now have a shiny new titanium rod in my leg and two screws. \o/

I'd love to tell you all I did it attempting some kinda gnarly toeside 540 inverted but actually I just crashed into a tree sidesways after landing badly off a small jump. Stupid trees. I'm never donating to Save The Tree's fund again.

Anyway, I'm on my way back and I'll be on and off from now on. The debate was due to (finally) start today but I'm going to delay it by probably a week.

Hope all is good here, everything seems to be going ok (Lump got banned .... hahahaha, n1 Monty)...

DeV.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Chicks dig scars. Post some pics !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I'm back as well, my how things have changed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by DeVore
    Hi all from Canada...

I was over here snowboarding and broke my femur (thigh bone) clean in half and now have a shiny new titanium rod in my leg and two screws. \o/

wahey
    I have one too- do you have a matching plate along the outside of the femur as well??...were the drugs good?
    my scar is bigger than yours...:p

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

No matching plate along the outside and my scars are erally quite small and healing well... its amazing what they can do with keyhole surgery.

I got to see my x-rays and they look *keeewwwwlll* ... really icky and gross and Frankensteinish....

They put me in skeletal traction for a day. " Mr Murphy, wake up, we need your consent to drill through your shin so we can put a metal bar all the way through and out the other side so we can pull your leg into place" is never something you want to hear when dopped out on Morphene.... :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

So over all nice holiday then :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Whats the title from?...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Dammit that tree was supposed to take Dev out. Never hire a pine to do the job of a chestnut !!!

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

So you're on holidays and got two screws? Fair dues to ye. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Gen. Urqhart? Is that it? Did he say it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    Whats the title from?...

Sounds like a reworking of a Samuel Clemens quote (Mark Twain) , though he used death and not demise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Simba? He's alive!

Ashante sana, squash banana

Think yellum's right about the quote source

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Holy crap, bad luck man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Whoah! Nice one Dev! Here's hoping you smashed up the tree good in return. Glad to hear you're well drugged up at any rate, I know how ****ing painfull broken bones can be. Ever fracture a rib? OMG! :eek:

Wish I had drugs for that nasty time...

Anyway, get well soon man!
    Hope to see you next boards beers.
    Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    Whats the title from?...

Star Trek: First Contact, I beleive...?
    Or was that rumours of my assimilation?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Hi all from Canada...

I was over here...and broke my...in half and now have a shiny new...rod in my...and two screws. \o/

I'd love to tell you all I did it attempting some kinda gnarly...inverted but actually I just crashed into a... after landing badly off a small jump. Stupid .... I'm never donating to .... again.

Anyway, I'm on my way back and I'll be on and off from now on. The debate was due to (finally) start today but I'm going to delay it by probably a week.

Hope all is good here, everything seems to be going ok (Lump got ... .... hahahaha, n1 Monty)...

DeV.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by yellum
    Post some pics !
    Yeah post up the xrays.
    And a pic of the tree.

Nature: 1 - Dev: 0
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

This is fate's way of telling you that you scumbags shouldn't have gone without me.

Take the pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

.... " Mr Murphy, wake up, we need your consent to drill through your shin so we can put a metal bar all the way through and out the other side so we can pull your leg into place"..........

RoboCop ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Good God!
    Tom you should no better than to trust the canadian medical system you could have ended up looking like this!

585queendev.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

'plyd'

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

you'll have gotten my drunken text by now then ;)
    sorry
    and sorry for the leg too
    a

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

<Canadian Doctor> We have the technology we can rebuild him............................but we dont want to spend too much.

I can follow you around now and make six million dollar man noises as you leap and bound to fight evil!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Glad to hear you're on the mend. Will you be able to get the wheelchair into the Fitz?

Morphine is fucking great isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Damn our attempts have been foiled....

John

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Yeah Yeah..enouigh about that. Is your board OK???

;)

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

check it out, its dev:p

robocop.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Owie! Get well soon Tom!

That's my new thing, adding -ie to thingies.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

weirdie...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

drunkie...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Get your revenge and smoke the tree's cousin.

ww)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

ferdie sigie deletedie. Noie animatedie imagesie.

Advertisement