Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screenshots

Options
  • 04-04-2004 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭

Post your screenies!!!

Actually got a few PMs from various users asking how to post up and where about to find screenshots for Battlefield so I'll post and explain all, * Winters
    How To Open And Find Screenshots
    Screenshots taken in Battlefield 1942 are saved in a ".tga" (Truevision Targa Graphic) format and can be found by going into your Battlefield 1942 directoy [C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Screenshots, where C:\ is your drive letter]. To open a "tga" file you will need a program like Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop. Once you have opened the file, save it as a jpg or gif.

Screenshots taken in Battlefield Vietnam are saved in a ".bmp" (Bitmap Graphics) format. You can find these pictures by going into you Battlefield Vietnam directoy [C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield Vietnam\Screenshots, where C:\ is your drive letter]. To open a "bmp" file you can use Microsoft Paint i]Start > Programs > Accessories > Paint[/i or a more advanced program such as Photoshop etc. Once opened save the file as a jpg or gif.

How to post a screenshot
    There are two ways to post a Battlefield screenshot on boards. You can either attach the image [jpg or gif] to the post or uplaod it to a webserver/host and dispaly it as an image on the post. The easist way for most people to attach a screenshot to a post will be to attach it. To attach a screenshot to a post use the "Attach file" field, jsut below the text area. Click and browse and find the file you wish to attach. Then click on Submit Reply to reply to the thread and also attach the image.
    Note: There is a maximum size of 102400 bytes when attaching an file to a post.

The second way to post a screenshot to a post requires some sort of image hosting for the screenshot. You can obtain space from boards.ie here. Once signed up, login to the File Manager and upload an image. You can then use the IMAGE tags i][/i]IMG[i][/i to post a piture up. You can use various hosts and webspace to host your images.
    eg: i][/i]IMG[i][/ihttp://members.boards.ie/myUsername/myScrteenshot.jpgi][/i]/IMG[i][/i.

Make My Day
    makemyday.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Took this one tonight of Chunks after he got into a bit of bother with the whirly bird....

BFV-ChunksHeli.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

Not my finest moment in a chopper :)

ScreenShot0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Chunks

While we're on the topic of upside down choppers..........Here's one I made earlier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Panzer81

Austin Powers Moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Kunst

had to go back to dc for a good one.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Jesus what are you running that game on a ati rage 3d :eek:

you best not be ragging on my 9600 mobility! i just skewed the pic to make it small real quick. the original screeny was 4.2MB

:p

should of just made it jpeg the pic looks terrible the way it is now tbh :dunno:

Nice card btw :D

it said the jpg(which looked grand) was too big to upload. any good pic compressors off the top o ur head?

Na i use Photoshop 7 which is great but costly (if ya pay for it)

• Advertisement

yeah. tad outta me price range at the mo. might "borrow" a copy for research purposes some time soon though. have a fair few nice screenies but if they're all gonna turn out like that then there's no point posting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by bizmark
    (if ya pay for it)

I don't like your tone....

Im just stateing a fact its expensive IF you pay for it i got it for free from my brother who didnt use it .....................I dont use Kazza and **** like that

There are various pieces of software out there which will all do the job. Just google and you shall find. Im a bit partial to the Macromedia Fireworks myself. The export option can give good compression and quality. You can get a 30 day demo of it if you wish from the Macromedia website.

But googleing will find you more.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

Heh, nice one art. I've got a few good one's here from after the "hummerville" scene... Soooo much C4 it's silly... wp none the less

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I have this problem. ANy help would be nice. It looks cool, but is dam annoying :mad: The box's also come up when I'm near tree's :(
    weird_graphics_in_nam.jpg

Thats just your graphics drivers. Get the updated graphics drivers from the Patches and Mods thread. Or if you have the newest ones installed, try rolling back to the last drivers. There were problems with old nvidia drivers and BFV but they have mostly been sorted with the newest two driver releases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Myself and a few mates were having a bit of fun seening how could make it to the top of the tower on the map reclaming hue.. heres the winner :)

Top of Tower

and heres Lt getting some practice at chopper flying

Hanger

Myself chunks and some other guy rideing a tank great fun that night due to some impressive Teamspeak teamwork :)

Teamwork

My what a big knife you have!

screenshot doesnt work :(

Edit : Now it does cool knife kill :)

wait a minute and let me put my glasses on!

PS: read dark's teamspeak! v.funny

You have to read the teamspeak to get this one. Funniest thing i've ever done in a chopper! He was trying for 2 minutes to get in:)

:D that was fun alright

Originally posted by Chunks

PS: read dark's teamspeak! v.funny

How do you do that Chunks ?

what you wrote on the bottom left of the screen. Y'know, the message displayed when you press 'L' or 'K'

• Advertisement

Ah i though you ment Teamspeak (voice chat) logs

Advertisement