Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BFV- Question

Options
  • 04-04-2004 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Im thinking about gettin BF: Vietnam, but ive read some reviews mentioning that you need a pretty pimped out rig to run it smooth. I have a 2.8Ghz, 512MB DDRam, Geforce4 440MX 64MB ( i know i need to get a new card im just short on cash). So would i be able to run it ok? I have no problem running a good game of bf1942. I dont have BB either but i actually enjoy the single player from the recent BF1942 so this cant be anyworse i hope.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Yup, you will be able to run it no bother.

I have same card [as like you saving up ... for a nice big 9800] and I even run it with some of the settings on high. Classy indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Thank god for that, now all i need to do is persuade 1500 people to vote for BB to be put in our town and to save up for a GFX 5900 Ultra 256MB and im all set. :( :dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Single player is actually worse than the current version of 1942.

But I'm on 56k aswell, and I've no problem playing online at all, a few lag spikes here an there, but otherwise its sweet.

Yea i can play COD with around a 200 ping and its grand but the problem lies with the big ass patches EA put out, that are like 500megs and i have only one line in the house so i wouldnt be able to use my phone for like a week if i downloaded that big of a file.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Whenever a patch comes out, we usually send around a few discs by post, I'm sure we couldn't leave you out :)

• Advertisement

Much appreaciated if you could. I got BFV yesterday and its works fine and all but when i go to setup the video, it wont let me crank up the graphics bar any higher than lowest but i can set the other two to high. Im pressuming this is because i only have a 64MB card? Does this happen to you to winters?

Advertisement