Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ut2004

Options
  • 04-04-2004 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Can anyone give me some feedback on the Single player in UT2004 etc. (Bots AI and so on). Since i only have 56K i cant really play games online, i just wanted to know if the SP is worth the 20euro?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I'm playing the singleplay atm. Seems pretty decent. The real beauty of the game lies with the multiplayer game modes though. Onslaught is pretty f*cking brilliant :D. It reminds me alot of halo only its not half as laggy and alot better.

I wouldn't buy it for the single player alone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

erm where u get the price tag of €20 i'd like to know?

is it the dvd version or the insanely 6cd version?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

erm where u get the price tag of €20 i'd like to know?

I got the DVD version for 14.99 yoyos in PC world mad sale.

Since i only have 56K i cant really play games online, i just wanted to know if the SP is worth the 20euro?

Stormfox dont give up on 56k so fast.
    I used 56k for 3 years mostly for online racing games and leagues.
    I know atleast 12 guys who play forst person shooter games online with 56k,Half Life mods for sure as some of my clan mates are on 56k.
    Also i know many who play Battlefield and BF Vietnam online with 56k.
    Stick to Uk and Irish servers.
    There are Irish BF Desert Combat ,BF Vietnam,Day Of Defeat,Counter Strike,UT 2004 servers up and running.
    56k is very playable despite what many think.

Hope this helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

playing games with 56K isnt the problem, the problem lies with having to download the huge patches to be able to keep on running the game. Im not on enough to download huge patches, so ive gave up on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Actually I have to disagree with you there dcully, as far as UT2004 goes anyhow. Alot of those games are playable on 56k(i know ive done it myself) but UT is, in my experience very difficult on 56k. It just too fast paced it takes split second reactions sometimes and any bit of lag at all can mean your cooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Originally posted by Dcully
    I got the DVD version for 14.99 yoyos in PC world mad sale.

jesus your joking right?

wow i might travel from bray to get that sort of a bargin.

yeh i was playing UT2k4 in my mates today he had 56k and joined a 4u-server (UK and good servers (my cs clans server is hosted by them)) and it was unplayable completely.

fair enough cs and half life might be playable with 56k because it's a five year old graphics engine but ut2k4 is just so detailed and such a fast paced game that it needs ISDN to give it a little kick start

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Driving the vehicles in Onslaught mode is very difficult if you have a bad ping. The bots are decent enough though. If you tell one of them to cover you, they have enough sense to actually join you in a vehicle. If you drive a tank, the bot will man the machine gun on it, etc. (When you whack the skill level up a few notches, they're utter bastard raptor pilots)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm enjoying single player, but regularly getting my ass kicked by (Tough) rated teams.... Sometimes the bots are TOO good.

Fun game though, definitely recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

14.99 eh? :( mine was E45. But worth every cent!

• Advertisement

Actually I have to disagree with you there dcully, as far as UT2004 goes anyhow. Alot of those games are playable on 56k(i know ive done it myself) but UT is, in my experience very difficult on 56k. It just too fast paced it takes split second reactions sometimes and any bit of lag at all can mean your cooked.

Totally agree with you regarding UT2004.
    I was referring to HL mods and Battlefield series/mods.
    I didnt mention knowing anyone who played UT 2004 on 56k.

56k users dont forget there are some 56k only servers running too .
    I have seen some for Call of Duty and BF.

Advertisement