Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eyetoy as webcam on PC!! (Solution here)

Options
  • 05-04-2004 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭

drivers have been found that work with the eyetoy for the pc!

I have tried this myself and it does work!! This is not bogus, this is for real. This only been confirmed by me with the windows 2000 drivers

the full orginal instructions are here:
    http://www.ionstorm.co.uk/files/eyetoy.php

It's very easy to do and quite straight forward. I am now using it on my pc and it works a treat and also there's a built in mic which is very handy for net meeting/video conferencing over the web

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Works on XP too..
    Quite a good webcam.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

How much is this, and how many frames per second do you get/ is it significantly better than the normal webcams?

Have to try out using my webcam. It's a cheapo, but hey, I'm not going to be using it as a mirror:p, so it doesn't matter. It would be good to use a good quality one though, if I go abroad for talking to the family.

What's yahoo messenger like anyway? Is there many spacers out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

test.jpg

That's what a picture looks like (of me hungover in dressing gown in the morning)

Regarding Nexus9's questions it's just a normal USB VGA webcam. Most cheapo webcams are not VGA (in other words 640x480 resolution capture).

The price is relatively cheap at around 50 eurodollars as Sony expects owners of the eyetoy to buy new games for it which they get a cut of in licensing.

Now if you'll excuse me I want to video the back of my head because I've never seen it before.

P.S DrEvil, you have done us all a great service here today. And Nexus9, heard of google?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

I want rather to get personal varying responses from my questions (I'm not lazy!).
    From the screenshot, it seems pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by neXus9
    I want rather to get personal varying responses from my questions (I'm not lazy!).
    From the screenshot, it seems pretty good.

Actually that was at 320x200. It does 640x480 as you can see on my webcam page thing here:

http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/pics/wcam/webcam.html

Doesn't seem to like recording video at 640x480 but that could be the software I'm using.

• Advertisement
Advertisement