Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clicksilver Speeds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

well mutant it's 2:50 am and the test you suggested started out fine: 52-54k/sec,
    However less thatn 2 minutes later it had dropped down to 20k/sec... and continued to drop.
    sorry but I've had enough of this crap
    clicksilver.....utv.....you've got a week, then I'm quitting, I'd like to pay for an actual broadband service, rather than NOTHING!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Hairball,

Where are you? Have you got on to UTV support?

Your problem seems to be isolated to yourself at the moment. What are you getting off the giga 40 server now?

Valentia: just ran a test on giga news :414k!...that's the best I've gotten ever on any download site ever....I'm cautiously happy..but you've got to forgive my suspicion, because every time I had my hopes raised they've been dashed,
    I'm sorry but until I see a more consistant service with a marked improvement my opinion or the decision resulting form that opinion won't change.....BUT!!!!....i'll say this again: 414kbps!!!!!!Yay!....let's hope it's the end of the probs!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

291 giganews

311.8 bandwidth place

43kbps off word-of-adsl.com

and my pings to boards are down around 110 at 7pm in the evening, but these results have been up and down all week

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Yeah , gone bad for me again . Was fine for most of the weekend but pings are high now .

• Advertisement

right, Paul from Utv, I'd like to hear a reason for this:

and this:
    These where 2 tests done at 9:30 tonight...peak time yeh, but this is ridiculous,
    I'm a gamer...If I can't go online and play in the evening because my connection speed at that time absolutely sucks..why should I continue with this service
    I'm pretty angry right now Paul as I've said this isn't the first time this has happened over the past month, but don't believe me...take a look:
    >:(

f6 ping atm is 210ish , might aswell go back to 56k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Getting similar ****e speeds and pings all night. When is this ****e going to end.In my opinion things have not been fixed properly since all the problems over the last few weeks. The service was alot better a month ago except for pings which always have been crap.

Can ye post it on newsgroup aswell so that I am not the only one p!ss!ng and moaning there .

• Advertisement

aaaaaand, one more for good measure!

Originally posted by jonski
    Can ye post it on newsgroup aswell so that I am not the only one p!ss!ng and moaning there .

i tried but thats not working now either. utv what a joke you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I've been getting really ****e speeds tonight, if they don't get their act together, they're going to have one very unhappy customer.

They've already got an unhappy customer here!
    I'm off to the pub!!!

Pings woeful again tonight , anyone else seeing the same ?

John.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

Connected about 8pm tonight and Clicksilver is the slowest I have ever experienced -working about 1/10th the speed of dial-up now

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Phone support , they are under the impression that everything is oki doki .

hey dudes,
    was on to tech support....utv........very serene...very calm....there's nothing wrong
    Yeh right....I told them I'd have to consider leaving if this kept up over the next couple of days, but I think I've decided now
    Will be calling them tomorrow to get out of contract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

Standard spiel from support here too

Connection was fine there for about 10 minutes but has gone to **** again

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭capistrano

IOL BB

426kbs on giganews.com

Pings to boards.ie 30ms

Only once did I get poorish response times. Pings to boards then about 270ms.

I'm pretty much happy with IOL - Of course their support is abysmal!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Just as a matter of interest Capistrano where are you?

Worse than the so called FIX last week. 223kbps from giganews. 109ms average from jolt. No access to their Newsgroup.

Originally posted by mickger
    Worse than the so called FIX last week. 223kbps from giganews. 109ms average from jolt. No access to their Newsgroup.

What problems are you having with the NG Mick? There does not seem to be a general problem accessing it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Subc

im getting 125 from giganews right now
    PFT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I'm on IOL and since "The Fix" the service has been back to it's best. Maybe you could get UTV to ring IOL/ESAT to ask them how to get the performance levels back up.:D

Originally posted by dub45
    What problems are you having with the NG Mick? There does not seem to be a general problem accessing it?

Could'nt access it for a while getting server errors. Seems to be ok now but only Martin ever goes in there anyway and he must be on holidays or something.

Originally posted by mickger
    Could'nt access it for a while getting server errors. Seems to be ok now but only Martin ever goes in there anyway and he must be on holidays or something.

Should have stayed quiet I cant access it now myself!

Getting that NG thing myself , I can access it but it takes longer than usual to sync .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Booster

Speeds are atrotious tonight. Cant even send/recieve emails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭capistrano

Originally posted by dub45
    Just as a matter of interest Capistrano where are you?
    Dublin 11

Advertisement