Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom I gotta take it hmmmmmm!

• 05-04-2004 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

After much deliberation I am going for Eircom Broadband againist my best wishes...Alas it is more stable and established than the Rest and as I wont be downloading a great deal it is Ideal...Pity about 4GB and 39.99 a month but after reading about UTV who I thought were great and Esat it is better in the long run to stick with Eircom...me I hate the mothers but hey they are reliable...

One question although if you exceed your Cap with Eircom do you get charged per. MB GB etc etc..

I know you may think I am mad but my mates are whinging about clicksilver and disconnecting them on a constant basis....

Maybe if these companies maintained there out equipment at exchanges and did not lease eircoms lines it would be better..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by Wrestlemania
    Maybe if these companies maintained there out equipment at exchanges and did not lease eircoms lines it would be better..
    And how would they connect to their customers without using eircom lines?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

If I'm not mistaken its 3.6 cents per MB so it works out about €36 per GB if you exceed the cap. As yet, Eircom has not charged anyone for exceeding the cap but they are going to implement it really soon I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Originally posted by Wrestlemania
    I know you may think I am mad but my mates are whinging about clicksilver and disconnecting them on a constant basis....
    That probably depends on what exchange you are on or the problems been resolved as I got clicksilver about a week and a half ago and never had those problems. Download over 2gigs of anime in 1 night last week in fact. 10 euros a month for the stability eircom provides isn't much though but that 4gig cap bites especially since clicksilver seems to be working now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

aye, some DSLAM's have alot more contention to cope with..

some rural ones mightn't have as many customers/users

Advertisement