Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modem/Router config heeeelp.

Options
  • 05-04-2004 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭

HI, please forgive my ignorance but I don't have a clue about networking.
    I connect to my broadband isp using the Zyxcel USB modem. I'm buying a 2nd pc so I thought I'd buy a router/modem instead so I can share the connection.
    Bought the USRobotics 9003 router/modem yesterday, uninstalled my usb modem. Went thru setup on the install disc and the check for everything (NIC etc.) was fine. Powered up router when asked, connected phone line to adsl socket (adsl light green) and all's well. Connected Ethernet cable from pc to router and no light. Set then failed to detect my router??
    Then tried setup again but this time used usb option instead of ethernet. Again, setup could not detect my router???
    I'm a total newbie when it comes to router configuration, can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong?
    Thanks.

:confused:

Advertisement