Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Request] External DVD drive?

• 05-04-2004 11:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭

After getting my lovely, lovely laptop, I was wondering if anybody can recommend somewhere to get an external DVD drive...(Poss. combo recorder?) ? The best I can see one for is 200 ex. Delivery, and I was just curious if you guys have any better suggestions? Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭mijmu

Hi

I just got one 1 in PC World. 189 euro. Freecom DVD+/- RW.

Rgds
    Michael

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Kramer

Just about to post a Pioneer 105 DVD-RW in the classifieds.

Now posted here.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

That PC world price is actually quite good (well supprised)....... for a DVD writer and a decent make!!

Elara have an Iomega DVD/ CD-Rewriter & 7 in one card reader (for Flash cards/SD etc) for €138 ..... http://www.elara.ie/products/detailsfull.asp?productcode=ECS893072&productID=82124 . Its not a bad price, hard enough to find external DVD drives .

Komplett have one also (LG) for €136 but im not sure if they are getting it back into stock .... http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=118985&cks=PRL .

Theres a few cheap CDRW external drives for great prices (€60 on elara's specials 2 wks ago), just DVD doesent seem as popular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Maeve

HI COL_LOKI,
    Nice links .. but they aren't DVD writers .. they just read dvds and read/write cds.

M

external DVD drive...(Poss. combo recorder?)

Yea i know there DVD readers with CDRW writers, i thought thats what jill ment by combo drive (as this is what it normally means). If its a DVD+/-R drive your lookin for then its hard to beat the pcworld price (very supprising)....... but atleast if the dvd recorder isint what she was lookin for there are cheaper options in the form of dvd / CDRW .

• Advertisement

[edit] Had to change my post as the company just changed their price , must have been a mistake ...... ignore this post.

Advertisement