Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LEEDS vs LEICESTER Tonight

• 05-04-2004 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

LEEDS 3 LEICESTER 1

VIDUKA(2) AND BAKKE TO SCORE...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

LEICESTER 2 LEEDS 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

if leeds get beaten tonight (or perhaps even draw) then its curtains for them in the Premier league for sure.

c'mon smithy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Leicester win for me, still going down along with leeds n wolves.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭lad12

Leicester win for me, still going down along with leeds n wolves.

Leeds wont be beaten tonight...

Originally posted by lad12

You know you'd make a lot of money betting with that kind of info;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by lad12

Well if they do get beaten, there gone for sure.

I reckon score draw, smith and ferdinand scoring

I'm going for dukes to score...he has been talking up a good game all weekend..and his performance for oz last week was supposed to be great..

I know thats why i had 50€ on Amberleigh House house in the grand national at 20 - 1...

and anyways a couple weeks backs Leeds played city at elland raod...no one gave us a chance against them cos they had beaten utd the week before...and we got a victory then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Leeds to win either 1 or 2-0.....should be a good game!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

score draw..

matters little as they will both be playing div 1 football next year

• Advertisement

Don't think so

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Leeds are not gonne lose tonight!!! No way. I think we will win tonight, might be close but we will win and then that will boost the team and with the games we have left will give us a great chance to stay up.

Viduke to score tonight definitely. Theres a tip from me for all you betting people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Leeds to lose spectatuarly 4-1 , they have no concistency and every time they get a win they lose their next game .

Lost last week so by ur reckoin then they should win!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

No doubt about it people they are gonna win. Anyone see the birmingham game??twas a travesty!leeds played really well and were well on top of the game when birmingham went ahead completely against the run of play. Leeds have been playing well and in front of a packed home crowd they should def beat leicester.

Leeds will win 2-0 Viduka to score nyway then maybe smith if he actually stays up front for a change. Ya never know Milner could on the scoresheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by neilbrady79
    Lost last week so by ur reckoin then they should win!!
    Re-read what i said , i just said everytime they win they lose their next game not vica-versa .ww)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

come on LEEDS!!! Leeds to win 3 nil!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

The second I saw the title of this thread on the front page I knew lad12 was back because of the CAPS.

Anyway, I'll go for Leeds 3-2 Leicester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Leicester 5 Leeds O

Just had a premonition;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

hope your not a betting man with those premonitions muppet :p

very skint man if so :D

• Advertisement

2-1 to leeds with about 12 minutes to go.

Can they hold on??

I'd say so

Originally posted by irish1
    2-1 to leeds with about 12 minutes to go.

Can they hold on??

I'd say so

Scrap that 2 all superb goal too.

Oh oh 1 point is no good to either!!

God damn i leave for 10 mins and i miss 2 goals.

Originally posted by Henry_14
    God damn i leave for 10 mins and i miss 2 goals.

great game, end to end and Smith makes it 3-2 to leeds!!!

Damm smith. Good finish though.

They should win TBH.

Damm smith. Good finish though.

They should win TBH.

Harte's on, chances for a 3-3 have just increased, get down the right flank lads:D

Originally posted by irish1
    Harte's on, chances for a 3-3 have just increased, get down the right flank lads:D

lol:D

Mark's Off:D Stupid:rolleyes:

Marks gone:D What a fool:rolleyes:

Oh silly boy, they'l need him to stay up

Was that a hand ball and should have been a peno??

All over 3 vital points for Leeds, will they be able to stay up, Viduka will miss 1 game now for 2 yellows!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Good win for Leeds. Very needed. I do hope they can avoid the drop, because I do think that they still do have a good team.

Good game.Leeds should have won it in the first half though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    Anyway, I'll go for Leeds 3-2 Leicester.
    I'm getting a lot of these predictions correct on boards.:) Pity I don't put money on them.;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Did anyone think that the ball went out in the lead up to the leeds third goal? It looked over the touch line to me on the right hand side early on in the move. Anyone else think this or was it covered on tv afterwards?

Not sure about ball going out but Leeds should have had the game tied up long before that!! Wat a game Walker had.,.....I couldnt believe it....waslked out for 3 mins and walked back in and it was 2-2.....though Sky was takin the pi**......

Great goals, great game....Leeds deserved it but pity about Viduka......Misses Portsmouth game which is another "6 pointer".....think they will still stay up

no the ball def wasnt out for the third goal it was clearly still in. Leeds played really well and should really have won the game comfortably except for two bits of stupid defending.was a really important win and now we have a huge chance of staying up. I always said if we beat leicester,Portsmouth and Everton at home we would stay up. Theres the first part done but it will be hard against Portsmouth without Viduka.

We will stay up though!!

• Advertisement

Stilll think leeds will be going down, think they were playing another doomed team last night and still managed to concede two, if they had been playing a better side they may have found themselves 3-2 down.

Sorry leeds fans.

john

johnor I think you were watching a different game to everyone else. Leeds were cruising through the game and had loads of chances to bury leicester with only Ian Walker keeping them in it. It was ridiculas that leicester got back into the game but leeds were clearly had the better of it and well deserved to win. As for them going down I DOUBT IT!!

They probably wouldnt have got that many chances against a better side, they have blackburn next & i cant see blackburn conceding silly goals after they lost 4 to Liverpool. Portsmouth havent really given silly goals away this season & i reckon Harry & jim can keep them fighting till the end. Where as leeds have been so patchy where they get a good result ie drawing with chelsea at the start of the month and then loose to wolves at the end with a fedw draws in the middle.

Best of luck staying up, just can tsee it happening.

john

Not even a Leeds fan and was impressed in there form in the last few games! the game against Birmingham was a joke! Leeds should have won it.....was impressed with them last nite and showed some good fighting quality against Man City,

Will think Leeds will stay up if Smith keeps playin like last nite!!

Well just to let you there john Blackburn have lost more times at home than any other team in the premiership so why couldnt leeds win there and after conceding 4 goals at the weekend do you not think their defence is a bit patchy too?? It looks it to me. There will be goals in the game definitely but leeds will dig out a win now they are high on confidence and fighting for their lives.

Portsmouth have a terrible away record almost all of their points have come at home where I have to admit they have been excellent but away from home its a different story.Leeds have started winning their home games now and i can see them beating both Portsmouth and everton at home. That will give them what they need to stay up.

You wouldnt be a man yoo fan by any chance praying leeds will go down would you?? It wont happen

• Advertisement

If u look at the three teams in question ; Blackburn, leeds & portsmouth
    lets take 40 as the target to stay up.

Blackburn have 4 Home games including: manu, leeds, birmingham & leicester
    they have fulham,spurs and everton away. They are on 31 points, they can beat leicester, draw with birm and leeds = 5 pts. From the away games 4 points is a real possiblity considering where these three teams lie.

Portsmouth have 5 Home games: ManU, Arsenal, Birm, Fulh, Boro. They have away games against Charlton, leeds & leicester. They are currently on 30 pts. As you say their home form has been good. If we say they can get a min of 7 points from that Home run, gives them needing a a win against Leeds(without Dukes) or Leicester(could be down by then) or Charlton(slipping down the table).

Leeds have 3 Home games against everton, Portsmouth & charlton. They have away games against Rovers, Wanders, Arsnel & Chelski. They are currently on 28 pts. Cant see Leeds gaining 12 points; 4 wins from these games. Chelski game is the last day of the season, could be a sad hammering for leeds last day of the season.

Personally I dont mind who stays up. Id like to see Portsmouth stay up and as a United fan Id like Man City to stay up too.

john

ok thats some good stats but this what i think. Leicester and wolves will definitely go down so that leaves one from 3 out of Leeds,blackburn and portsmouth. Blackburn have the easier run in which gives them prime position to stay up but they have been rubbish recently so you never what will happen.

Portsmouth have 5 home games and they hac=ve been good at home so far but 2 of them games are man yoo and arsenal and i can see them finding those games hard. Away from they would sruggle against the likes of kiddeminister for gods sake.

Leeds have a pretty tough run in with chelsea and arsenal away and to be honest I dont see them getting any points out of them but I do think they can win all of their home games which will put them in a good position.

I think the most important game is the blackburn game.If blackburn win then they will be safe and leeds are in trouble. If leeds win then they go level with blackburn and its tjrown wide open. I dont think a draw is a good result for either team unless all the teams aroubd them lose and it wouldnt be too bad. Anyway I think that the blackburn game is now the most important of the lot but ill hold my hands up and say leeds will stay up!!!

I agree the game at the w/e is vital, think it is more important for leeds than blackburn as I think blackburn can loose it and still stay up where as at this stage if leeds where to loose to Bburn it would almost garuntee bburns safety and with portsmth's home record i think it would mean friday night football for leeds.

john

record i think it would mean friday night football for leeds.

welll they are playing arsenal on friday in couple of weeks so it doesnt really make a diference..

_40007825_viduka_goal_g32.jpg

Advertisement