Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

arsenal v chelsea CL (scores maybe!)

• 05-04-2004 2:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

so this big game is tomorrow night what do ye all think the out come will be

arsenal will be disapoointed to lose the fa cup game but THIS is the bigger game for them no doubt about that.

vieira and henry will start and will have to pick up the team.
    big game from henry expected a he has been quiet of late but he seems very fired up for this one.
    will galas play RB again if so who will be in the centre with terry! could be a weakness arsenal could expoilt.

chelsea have to score and thier main supply will come form duff and lampard, with them having to score it will leave space for arsenal

personnal i dont care if its 0-0 or 5-0 to arsenal (although a good win will boast a their confidence!)

arsenal to go through but they will have to be at their best to do it
    now is the time to stand up and be
    counted

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Monaco 2 - 2 Real Madrid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The loss to Manchester United on saturday could have dire consequences for Arsenal's season.

They were on course for a treble, and this dream is now gone. It could affect them psychologically, they might go on a slippery slope.

Many people agree that teams go through a "rough patch" every season, and this could be the start of Arsenals. Although, this season they have been good ( I've given up saying great ) and not looked like slipping up, maybe saturday was just a blip.

If it is indeed a start of a patch of bad results for Arsenal, then they will lose against Chelsea, if on the other hand it was merely a blip, they could give Chelsea a torrid time, and give them a hiding too.

However, we cannot discount Chelsea in all of this. They remain a good side too, and may sense a weakness in Arsenal, and go right for the jugular. If they score early Arsenal could collapse, if they are already frail.

It will be a good game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Well I had this in the Thread before the first game and I will say it again!! I think that Chelsea will win! had a sneaky feeling before the first leg........still think Duff will be the major thorn in the side especially if he is played on the right side up against Lauren

Also as I said the first time and everyone said I was wrong the Mop Head Lehmann will cost them the tie!! told everyone that he was crap and every1 says he wasnt!! well after the First leg and at the weekend I think I have been proved right....should have been sent off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

I think Chelsea might nick this one, positive vibes coming from their camp. Ranieri getting the award and winning alot of their games of late. Should be a great game, might just be time for chelsea to nick that win against arsenal.

john

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

Whos reffing tomorrow night - might have a big bearing on the result. Don't think any Euro ref would have left Lehman or Pires on the pitch on Saturday. Any contact with an arm/hand is a straight red in Europe. Raise your hand and you are gone.

An early goal to Chelsea would set up a cracker. If Arsenal score early it doesn't matter as much as Chelsea have to score.

I wonder will Ranieri be tempted to play Duff on the right after Clichy was given the run-around by Ronaldo. He should start with Hasselbaink and Gudjohnsen up front.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭elbow316

Arsenal to take this one for definite - they are gonna be so fired up, Saturday's result I feel may even help us at this point in the season. Plus you can't discount the hold Arsenal seem to have over Chelsea these days. That first leg result after Chelsea had taken the lead and piled pressure on, must have been a choker for them.
    Arsenal have beaten Chelsea time and again over recent years so we know they can do it, so many question marks over Chelsea.l

Still r u not worried about how tired Arsenal looked as a team? you would be surprised hpw much the Utd games have taken out of them!! Chelsea cud walk over them and then I cud see them lose the title......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by kida
    Whos reffing tomorrow night - might have a big bearing on the result. Don't think any Euro ref would have left Lehman or Pires on the pitch on Saturday. Any contact with an arm/hand is a straight red in Europe. Raise your hand and you are gone.

I wonder will Ranieri be tempted to play Duff on the right after Clichy was given the run-around by Ronaldo.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

this is a arsenal v chelsea thread keep it that way kida

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Thats for sure the continental refs won't take any of that nonsence and and as you say both of those incidenst would have recieved a red card in Europe. Indicipline could have a major bearing the result particulaly if chelseas get ahead early on.
    I wonder will Ranieri be tempted to play Duff on the right after Clichy was given the run-around by Ronaldo. He should start with Hasselbaink and Gudjohnsen up front. [/B]

Duff would relish the prospect of playing against Clichy after ths success Ronaldo had last weekend. Should be a good game and too close to call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Im going to wager on a 2-2 draw. Just have a feeling, and Terry to score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

should be arsenal. Chelsea will have to attack for the match and that will play into Arsenal's hands. Did anyone notice that Arsenal's goal at Stamford Bridge cam at the only time Chelsea attempted a sustained period of pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Arsenal 3 - 1 Chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭paddyduff

If you think Chelsea will win tomorrow, you might as well back them in a double/treble. They're great value at 3/1. Go with them along with Milan & Real and 10yoyo's will return 267! ... Tempting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I'm hoping Arsenal can keep there composure and nick it tomorrow (I'd be more than happy with a 0-0 draw)

Flying over to see it tomorrow morning!!! Can't wait!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by paddyduff
    If you think Chelsea will win tomorrow, you might as well back them in a double/treble. They're great value at 3/1. Go with them along with Milan & Real and 10yoyo's will return 267! ... Tempting!
    TBH I'd feel a lot safer backing Deportivo and Monaco as they both need to score at least 2/3 goals to go through so will be going all out attack with little expected of them. 10 Euro returns 257. :)
    will galas play RB again if so who will be in the centre with terry! could be a weakness arsenal could expoilt.
    Most Chelsea fans will be happy that Desailly is banned as Melchiot-Gallas-Terry-Bridge is a lot safer than the back 4 in the 1st leg. Desailly is past it and I amn't a fan of Gallas at RB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Come on the Gunners!!!

Originally posted by Henry_14
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by Henry_14
    Come on the Gunners!!!
    2 great posts there Henry_14!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

praying for a chelsea win tbh theyve lost enough times to arsenal its annoying i think theyl do it tho on penalties !

Aside from obvious reasons, I desperately want Arsenal to win so we can get that Real Madrid - Arsenal match-up :)

/me drools

• Advertisement

Reyes, Freddy and Cole back in squad - all to face late fitness tests.
    If we're the best team in Europe , then Chelsea will make sure we've gotta put in a star performance. Tbh, I'm nervous as hell just thinking about it coz its such a massive game but I have every confidence in this team.
    Chelsea -> Madrid -> Milan
    Bring it on, we've got everything to become legends.

COME ON ARSENAL!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Don't think they'll allow Duff get at Clichy. They doubled/trebled up on him a lot in the first leg and I expect the same again. With Ljungberg injured probably I'd expect Gilberto on the right to watch him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Come On Chelsea !!!!!

If they ever had a chance to do it - it's now !!! Arsenal showed signs of being under pressure on Saturday - result aside - that will make them volatile and not the cool in control team we have become accustomed to.

I sense a shock on the cards here with the esso blues masters of their own destiny this time 'round.

Arsenal 0 - 2 Chelsea

Any takers ????

Tinky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 doozerjack

I'll take the 2-0 to Chelsea.
    Jimmy Floyd will be the match-winner, he's on fire at the moment, and wants to prove people wrong about his bench-warming. He should be put in the starting line-up, but even if he only gets the 20-30 mins, I reckon he's the man to watch.
    Also money on Henry to have a nightmare.
    And Wenger to bore us all with whinges for the next few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 SanFranMan

Depending on the line-up..... Desailly will be a big loss, but if Arsenal are without Freddie, Reyes, Cole, I'd fancy Chelsea. I dont think Arsenal have much in the reserves to cope with that. A lot will depend on whether henry hits form.

No way is Desailly a loss......Chelsea have played better without him in defence and the only reason he is gettin a game this season is because of the 130M or so they spent none was on there weakest position!! centre back.....wat wud have happened Chelsea this season if Terry and Gallas got injured!!

Chelsea will be stronger cause he is banned unless there is an injury

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 SanFranMan

Fair enough, as long as theres no injuries then... I'd fancy Bergkamp to rise to the occassion and score, but Chelsea to win 2-1 for an ironic change. If Henry finds his boots, then 2-2, and a classic final ten minutes.

I think the Desailly suspension will be a factor in this game as it will mean Gallas moving to the Centre and Melchiot(Johnson?) in at right-back.
    Gallas did a great job of stopping Henry and Pires taking over that left side and I don't think either melchiot or Johnson would have a hope against them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I got these lineups from BBC 606 Chelsea board:

Ambrosio, Melchiot, Gallas, Terry, Bridge Parker, Makalele, Lampard, Duff, Hasselbaink, Gudjohnsen

Lehmann, Lauren, Campbell, Toure, Cole, Ljundberg, Edu, Vieira, Pires, Henry, Reyes

• Advertisement

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    I got these lineups from BBC 606 Chelsea board:

Ambrosio, Melchiot, Gallas, Terry, Bridge Parker, Makalele, Lampard, Duff, Hasselbaink, Gudjohnsen

Lehmann, Lauren, Campbell, Toure, Cole, Ljundberg, Edu, Vieira, Pires, Henry, Reyes

Arsenal all the way!!!

Mark Lawrenceson reckons Chelseas team selection means they are going to try and score a Goal

DOH

José!

1-0 Arsenal HT.

Well deserved, Arsenal have played very well and kept Chelsea quiet (bar one great Duff run and a chance for Gudjohnsen) in this half... great time to get the goal, denying Chelsea a chance to respond.

1 1 Lampard

game on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Anyone else scared to say Henry is playing ****e in case he bangs in a couple?

Originally posted by Draupnir
    Anyone else scared to say Henry is playing ****e in case he bangs in a couple?

wether he bangs in a couple or not in the next half hour he has been pretty quite up to 60 mins

• Advertisement

Can nobody spell quiet on the internet????

By the way, Patrick Vieira, great player but a big windy diving auld wan at the best of times.

Can nobody spell quiet on the internet????

By the way, Patrick Vieira, great player but a big windy diving auld wan at the best of times.

Quiet right:D

What ya reckon to the Real scoreline, I, like George Michael, think its amazing. But not in a George Michael way

Also, I had a feeling we would see extra time because there is a 24 double bill on at 9:30 that I wanted to watch.

What ya reckon to the Real scoreline, I, like George Michael, think its amazing. But not in a George Michael way

Also, I had a feeling we would see extra time because there is a 24 double bill on at 9:30 that I wanted to watch.

ya real will need to buck up quickly, I'm sure they will come back and win

ya reckon?

• Advertisement

Nice One

I Think its quiet amazing. They must be having a quite night too.
    What can I say i,m a Muppet:D

Here comes Bergkamp, Im scared of this bloke. Jesus, I feel like a Chelsea fan.

I wouldnt say your A muppet, Id say your THE muppet. Theres a difference

Thats shocking, I cant believe he took Duff off for Joe "I was good when I was 17 and the other kids were 12" Cole

Henry Off Thats a surprise. He was s^^^ tonight . How did chelseas miss that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Christ off the line :eek:
    i hope chelski wins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

guhhonsen should have scored, how did he miss that???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Chelski could have done with a Russian linesman there...

Jebus, Bridge makes it 2-1!!!

WAYNE BRIDGE I WANT YOUR BABY

Thats that

2 1 chelsea
    :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement