Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eiretyres.com

• 05-04-2004 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

anybody used these punters

www.eiretyres.com ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Looking at their front page they're using methods to trick search engines - not impressed at all - good luck if you use them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭ando

I used them to buy 4 tyres. Their grand and ship right to your door. I know of another chap that bought off them aswell and had no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭padlad

right so, might give them a try.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭rom1

A friend of mine has bought four tyres from them and was very happy with the service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Pity they won't supply bike tyres.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

Just wondering, where would you get these tyres fitted (would fastfit/quickfit etc fit them for you?), and how much would fitting cost?

Cheers,

DC.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Originally posted by dcGT
    Just wondering, where would you get these tyres fitted (would fastfit/quickfit etc fit them for you?), and how much would fitting cost?

Cheers,

DC.
    AFAIK most tyre places won't put on secondhand tyres for liability reasons - so may not put on other peoples tyres...

That's what I thought...also, I saw on the site that they can arrange fitting, it doesn't mention prices though. So bascially, you have to be able to fit them yourself (or know someone who will) otherwise, depending on the cost of fitting, it might not work out much cheaper??????

DC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

"Looking at their front page they're using methods to trick search engines - not impressed at all - good luck if you use them."

Buddy, what's that got to do with anything in the real world?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭Cosworth

They are very expensive,i have got tyres that are on the website fitted cheaper they are selling them just supply.if you want cheap tyres ring this no 01 6273200.

• Advertisement

Sounds good cosworth, do have a good brand selection? Do you sell falkens?

Cheers,

DC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

Originally posted by Cosworth
    They are very expensive,i have got tyres that are on the website fitted cheaper they are selling them just supply.if you want cheap tyres ring this no 01 6273200.

Who are the guys who is selling the tyres?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,650 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Their prices are ok, but you can probably do a lot better. Recently needed one Continental ContiSport Contact 245/45 ZR 18 tyre, which retails for €315

Rang about 10 places in and around Dublin, median quote was about €275 fitted, but got it done from Quikfit, Naas road for €230 after just asking what was the best they could do for me

On eiretyres one of these costs €250 and you still have to get it fitted.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Originally posted by alleepally
    "Looking at their front page they're using methods to trick search engines - not impressed at all - good luck if you use them."

Buddy, what's that got to do with anything in the real world?
    It's usually a sign of desperate chancers....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

"It's usually a sign of desperate chancers...."

Maybe.... More likely just desperate to get visibility on the internet and got bad advice on how to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭wiped

Maybe for "Brand names" they're good , but when I searched for 175/65 14" that site quoted me €49 for the cheapest "no brand" without fitting..... Advance Pitstop will supply , fit , track and balance 4 GTS Jap tyres for €200 so basically the same price per tyre ... I only rang them the other day for a quote .......

Advertisement