Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why have gigs become so expensive?

• 05-04-2004 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Powderfinger are playing in the Olympia on May 13th this year as part of a mini-European tour.

Tour dates and prices:
    09.05.2004 - Berlin - €17.10 (incl. booking fee)
    10.05.2004 - Hamburg - €16.55 (incl. booking fee)
    11.05.2004 - Cologne - €16.55 (incl. booking fee)
    13.05.2003 - Dublin - €30.00-32.50 (plus 12.5% service/booking fee) : €33.75-36.55
    15.05.2004 - Glasgow - £13.50 (plus £2.25 booking fee) : €23-24

There's a bit of a discrepency between the prices. :eek: When they played in Whelans a few years ago the price was in line with the other European venues.

Having to pay twice the price to see a band in Ireland as opposed to on the continent is beyond a joke. :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

irish business owners are the most greedy bastards in the world. thats the one and only reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

People are willing to pay these high prices. And MCD seem to have figured that out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

it's just plain crap.. i never go to as many gigs as i used too..
    it's a big rip off like everything else in this country..
    emigration anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

I also do not go to concerts anymore because I am unwilling to participate in the rip off prices.

They only get away with it because we let them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Originally posted by Johnny Versace
    They only get away with it because we let them...

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

Originally posted by f®eak s©enery
    Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Dana International was quite shaggable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭markomac316

them prices r ridicilious...Does anyone know how much MUSE tickets were when they played in Dublin cause in Belfast they were £25 Im guessing thats between €30 - €35 but i could be wrong.

Advertisement