Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mouse pad for gamers

Options
  • 05-04-2004 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

I'm looking to get a new mouse pad and I was wondering if any gamers had recommendations on what they're currently using/lusting after.

I've been looking at the Icemat 2, Steelpad DS and the RatpadzGS with interest.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Im using an Icemat at the moment. Its amazing.

Is there an icemat 2 now???:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭The Smircher

There's a second edition Icemat that is 44% bigger than the first. Looks very interesting....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by The Smircher
    There's a second edition Icemat that is 44% bigger than the first. Looks very interesting....

Oh ok. They solved the only problem with it:D It is kinda small

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Originally posted by ferdi
    fUnc sUrface 1030

/me agrees

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Personally i prefer my cloth mousemat :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

It shouldn't really matter if you are using an opitcal mouse. Or does it :confused:
    I prefer to use a cloth mat when using a standard old mouse, doesn't matter when using an optical mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,786 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Komplett have a special offer on mouse mats
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/kl.asp?bn=10366
    Steelpad is only 9 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭The Smircher

Cool, just ordered a steelpad from Komplett.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

which is ment to be best func or icemat?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I've got a ratpad, and personally, I think it's fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

It does matter when using an optical. If the surface is too shiny or doesnt have enough features (wether bumps or colours) the laser can't 'see' any movement and therefore doesnt tink your moving your mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

A copy of FHM. Works wonders imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Transparent Icemat with picturs under it. I occasionally have pictures of women, at the moment its a ticket stub and come 1c's and 2c's.

Yea, Icemant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

If you're looking for a mousemat where you can choose the design you want and you like cars check out www.koolartireland.com - loads of designs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by Karl Hungus
    I've got a ratpad, and personally, I think it's fantastic!
    Im the same, have 3 rat padz about the house, 1 is my bro's and 2 are mine. I have to say the old rat pads (thick chunky buggers) were unbelievable, but the newer model (thin. very large, and with sort of supports at the bottom) arent nearly as good, same surface, but made with less durable plastic, I have wore down one whole side of my new radpad, while my old one is still in perfect nick, two huge smooth lines where the front and back of the mouse go, I just turned it around and use the other half of the mat tho, its large enough to have 2 people on one at nce really. New ones also lack friction on the bottom, they tend to slide about the table alot, nothing blue tac doesnt fix tho.

Advertisement