Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capcom Vs SNK2 Live

Options
  • 05-04-2004 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭

Looks like quite a good deal for a Live game at play.com . Does anyone have this game? Is it any good playing online?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Yes, but you might want to be into fighting games. The online play is excellent because you're actually playing against skilled players rather than the CPU (would be redundant without this option). It futhermore tops the first incarnation by adding extra grooves and (thankfully) retains the Capcom six-button control method (the first one opted for the SNK four-button style). The Xbox controller has six-face buttons which, at least is better than most pads, but an arcade stick would be much better. If not, then use an S-Controller. Don't touch the fat one.

Basically, if your into fighting games and are yearning for some competition, go get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yep, if you want to play with any degree of success on Live, you need a joystick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Zion

Can I ask what kind of joystick is good out there? i wouldn't mind buy online but it seems that there aren't many. I have a Saturn joystick for SF alpha 2 and it was very good. I wish that I could use it for my Xbox :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

I love this game so much i bought it for the ps2 after already having it for the cube.As a matter of fact i bought the ps2 just so i could play this game with the better pad the ps2 has. If i get broadband I'll probably get an xbox and buy it for the xbox aswel:D

About using the joysticks - are u serious? I think the d-pad is way better, much easier to do most moves. only ones that are virtually impossible are the ones that involve a double half circle movement on the movement control + punch/kick eg. akumas super fireball. I actually switch to using analogue sticks to perform those moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

The best joystick to use for it is an X-Arcade, although they're a bit pricey:

http://www.x-arcade.com/

You may get one cheaper, however, on ebay.co.uk

The plus side being you can get adapters for any console ot your PC (Great for playing MAME)

• Advertisement

The X-Arcade is indeed great, but a cheaper (and just as good option) is buying a Dreamcast Arcade stick from eBay and getting a joypad convertor that will allow you use it on any console. For my money there hasn't been a better mass produced arcade stick than the Dreamcasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Yep - good point Super--Furry.
    Would be a lot cheaper

Thanks for the suggestions guys. So is it possible to use my Saturn joystick to the Xbox with a converter? Or is there actually such thing?

Just found this one in google. I suppose it is the right one?

Originally posted by super_furry
    The X-Arcade is indeed great, but a cheaper (and just as good option) is buying a Dreamcast Arcade stick from eBay and getting a joypad convertor that will allow you use it on any console.

You can actually do that?!

What the hell have I been waiting for.

• Advertisement

Yep, I got the Magic Box from Lik-Sang and it works a treat. You can use any PS1/PS2, Dreamcast or Saturn controller on the Xbox with it.

Yep, I got the Magic Box from Lik-Sang and it works a treat. You can use any PS1/PS2, Dreamcast or Saturn controller on the Xbox with it.

The description on Lik-Sang says that it doesn't support arcade Dreamcast sticks. Do you know if that's true?

For some reason it only recognises four of the six DC arcade stick buttons. Dunno why, but for what I use it for - Capcom vs SNK2 and Soul Calibur II, that's enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

U mean you don't use light, medium and hard punches and kicks? Noob:)

For some reason it only recognises four of the six DC arcade stick buttons. Dunno why, but for what I use it for - Capcom vs SNK2 and Soul Calibur II, that's enough for me.

Soul Calibur II would probably suffice but Capcom Vs. SNK 2 would definetly need six mapped buttons (Horsefumbler has the idea). Bummer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

The old version of the Magic Box DC converter only recognised 4 buttons. The new one recognises all six.

It's really easy to buy a cheap third party pad, take the guts out and hook the connections to the pad/stick of your choosing. It only takes the most basic of soldering skills, nothing near as tricky as modding a playstation.

I wouldn't get that pushed about the Xarcade. It doesn't use arcade parts so they really shouldn't be charging such a premium for it. I've played a little with one before and I was decidedly unimpressed. Give me a Dreamcast stick or any of the HORI sticks and I'm much happier.

Advertisement