Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XP: Save Password - Website Logins

Options
  • 05-04-2004 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My WIN XP Home Laptop won't save/cache my logon details for websites - I have to enter them every time whihc is a great PITA - can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

need to know what browser you are using, and what your cookie/history/autocomplete settings are. Play around with them a bit yourself if you want. What do you want - passwords appearing automatically? or just it remembering your username?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I assume you're using Internet Explorer and it's that that isn't saving your details?

Check the privacy settings re cookies in Tools, Options, Privacy tab. What's it set to?

You can add specific settings for specific sites if you click Edit on that tab. Put in the site address, click Block or Allow. These settings will override your regular privacy settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Save Password doesn't save the details - I added the sites to the privacy tab - no difference.

Advertisement