Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hiding files

Options
  • 05-04-2004 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭

is there any program that i can use to encryt and hide a folder on my PC? Just caught someone looking at payroll data and want to hide it. Several people in the company are very very technically minded so it has to keep it from their eyes as well.

any recommendations?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

PGP. I'd be inclined to recommend 7x or earlier -- 8x has been hobbled by PGP Corp and I believe Zimmerman stopped working on PGP before 7x.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

steganos safe is handy , you create a safe (over a gig) , you can have up to five ... then u can hide it

http://www.steganos.com/

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

If you're using NTFS on your HD, encrypt the folders that hold the data you want secured.

Only you (when logged in) can access that data. No-one else can access it. THey will be able to view it (unless you use NTFS folder permissions to deny access to any other username other than yours).

HTH,

Colm.

Advertisement