Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help! too much rosemary

• 05-04-2004 6:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭

ok, i really need some help here

i spent all my money (yes, i am a student) on veg to make soup to last me for the week...

but i tried a new recipe...

ended up with something akin to rosemary soup with a vegetable texture!

help help help!

i just realised i dont like rosemary, but cant afford to start over

is there anything i can add that will mask the taste?

:(:confused: :dunno:

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Yum, rosemary is great!

Am not an expert but why not blast it with pepper spicyness?

Sorry, no help at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

potatos soak up flavor cook a few in the soup and then take em out. the potatos will also ad thickness so now you can afford to dilute the soup with wated which will futher remove the rosemary taste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

Originally posted by ferdi
    potatos soak up flavor cook a few in the soup and then take em out. the potatos will also ad thickness so now you can afford to dilute the soup with wated which will futher remove the rosemary taste.

thanks for the suggestion, and a mighty fine one it sounds too...

only one problem...i've no spuds...and no money to buy spuds... :(

keep it coming with the suggestions please, sooner or later someone will say something that i have in my cupboard.

i was thinking, and tell me (soon, before i try it) if im wrong, but how about i add a load of red wine (got some of that in the cupboard!!!) to it? will that deaden the flavour of the rosemary. and then maybe add a couple of extra chicken stock cubes...so it wont just be wine and veg and rosemary, it'll be chickeny too??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Eat the soup with a clothespeg on you nose. You won't taste anything. Remove clothespeg and drink a glass of wine immediately to remove any aftertaste.

problem solved!
    thanks for your advice though

made it into pasta sauce... added sweetcorn and a tin of tomatoes, chicken stock cube, a good dollop of red wine and loadsa cornflour. All stuff i had in my cupboard.

and its GORGEOUS!

phew! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

You could always drink around the rosemary... ;)

Originally posted by deathfunk
    You could always drink around the rosemary... ;)

lol
    believe me, i tried:p ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Get smashed with the wine, go out have a few more pints and you'll eat anything!:D

Advertisement