Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Power

Options
  • 05-04-2004 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭

I know this isn't quiet the right forum but it seems the most suitable. I have ordered a scanner from the US which will be arriving shortly. It only dawned on me today that the plug won't work with Irish sockets. What's the best way to get it working a soon a possible? Will simply changing the plug for an Irish one or should I buy one of those power adapters you use will on holidays?.

Thanks in advance:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

you will need a stepdown convertor they sell them in places like peats and maplin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

A lot of devices now come with universal PSU's which work from 100VAC to 240VAC 50-60Hz

Wait till it arrives and check the PSU - if it is only capable of 110 VAC then the best option would be to buy a 230VAC PSU with the required DC output to drive the scanner.

Let us know the spec of the supplied PSU when it arrives and maybe we can make some more appropriate suggestions.

Tinky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Burago

Cheers for the help guys. I did some of my own investigation and it looks like it comes with a universal PSUlike Tinky said.:)

Advertisement