Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pigsback.com

Options
  • 05-04-2004 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

Any know whats up with _www.pigsback.com???? Site not running for me yesterday/today.......rang pigsback today and they siad that they were having probs

cramp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Kramer

Yep, just noticed it's gone as I went to get an X-TraVision voucher now :dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Yup, root servers know not of pigsback.com .. it seems the domain was modified (at register.com) to not have nameservers configured properly.

Oooops.

You can still get to it (if your really want to) by putting "217.114.172.48 www.pigsback.com" in your hosts file (e.g. c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts)... but if you were that desperate, you probably should be reviewing your use of the site in the first place!!

.cg

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Yep luckily i had an xtravision voucher...............but i was trying to get some tickets for their free viewing of SHAUN OF THE DEAD............

well its up and and running now......................2 days down is quite serious for this company i would have thought!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Yeah 2 days is a lot alright .. 1 day to discover the mistake, 1+ days to propegate the fix I guess. They mightn't have seen any problem until advised by customers.. (e.g. monitoring scripts using IP addresses, or cached DNS). Ah well.. so maybe I can finally get my Pig :)

.cg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

on the topic of Pigsback.com
    Why do they need to have a JavaScript Submit which doesn't submit if you press return on the keyboard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

They sent out an alternative URI to use by email last night (pigsbacktravel.com).

Anyone who visits the site this week gets 25 points as one of those goodwill things. I just use it for the Xtravision vouchers anyway (and oh good, I see the "any release for 2.50" is back, that 2 for one was shag all use to me)

As for kbannon's question, heh, Jebus knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

I think that the 2 for 1 is the best, coz although u pay a fiver u get the 2 of them for 2 days!!

Anyone go to the SHAUN OF THE DEAD preview....it was an OK movie!

cramp

Advertisement