Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Image Ltd - Album Archive 10/04/04

Options
  • 05-04-2004 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Public Image Ltd - Public Image First Issue

Long before he was knockin around the jungle with Kerry McFadden and Jordan, John Lydon formed PiL. First Issue, released in 1978 was his first foray into recording after the Sex Pistols split, with Jah Wobble on bass and ex-Clash guitarist Keith Levene. And it's a schizophenic mofo of a record. First Issue doesn't know if it's a punk album, a disco album, a new-wave album or a rock album, and it's all the better for it. Tune into 92.1 Phantom FM this Saturday 10th April and hear about the formation of PiL, and the recording and release of their debut album. You'll hear live tracks, b-sides, alternative mixes and album versions of the songs that made the LP. Take the PiL. There's no side-effects.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

Fantastic - at last a decent band for your album archive thingy (apart form The Cure- did you do them yet ??, or The The, or Soft Cell).

PIL were a ground breaking band, merging white and black music in through New Wave fashion. Without them, you wouldnt have your Raptures, Yeah yeah yeahs, Franz Ferdinands and Hot Hot Heats !

Feck McAleese - Johnny Lydon for president :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

If your doing influental post punk/new wave bands any chance of Gang of Four's Entertainment!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

the cure were featured before christmas methinks... or just after...

i'd love to hear the the done too. dusk would be great.

Originally posted by DerekD Goldfish
    If your doing influental post punk/new wave bands any chance of Gang of Four's Entertainment!?

Great idea - here here !

Originally posted by Kurdt
    the cure were featured before christmas methinks... or just after...

i'd love to hear the the done too. dusk would be great.

For me I would prefer Soul Mining - Matt Johnson's masterpiece in my opinion. I met him in a lift in Belfast - that was funny :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭christi

"I could be wrong... I could be right!" (Rise)

Another great album-thingie-band would be "New Order" or dare I go so 80's and say "Jesus and the mery chain" or "Echo and the Bunnymen" or let's just go all out and add "Siouxie and the Banchees."

Hey Rob... Can I have your job? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Rob Taylor

Dear Christie. No you can't.

sodiumlightbaby - what do you mean "at last a decent band for your album archive"? Cheeky sod

Kurdt - good idea. I'll keep Dusk in mind.

Advertisement