Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATI DNA Drivers

Options
  • 05-04-2004 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭

Just been on guru3d.com and i see someone else has released hacked versions of the catalyst drivers,namely the ATI DNA drivers from the blurb it mentions better graphical quality from these drivers etc

One thing it doesnt mention though is if it comes with the hack to activate the other 4 pipelines on a 9800/9500 se card

Anyone using these drivers and if so does it come with the hack

Shin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

keep away from those.

http://www.omegacorner.com Omega drivers are what you want. Modded for better image quality, and comes with the softmod files.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

I'm using the DNA drivers and they do seem to be slightly quicker than ATI's stock catalysts.Again Omega do a version also.Not much between any of them tbh , horses for courses. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mad Mike

I am an OMEGA man myself.

I couldn't be bothered about minor differences in framerate but Omega has a long history of providing first rate drivers and there is is an excellent support forum on driverheaven.

http://www.driverheaven.net/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=12

I find Omegas packages easier to install than ATIs own offerings and Omega seems to have some kind of relationship with ATI that allows him to get update his drivers very quickly every time ATI make a change.

The Omega package also comes with some handy utilities including Radlinker which allows you to set different settings for each game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Is the DNA guy still ripping off the Omega guys drivers?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

ah i took the plunge and downloaded the omega drivers instead, i used these before on my old 9600 pro and really didnt notice any difference between these and the catalysts on that card

But the modded 9800se i have is a different story altogether, everything to my mind at least is a lot sharper, especially in far cry, that runs like a dream now, and dare i say it smoother as well

So thumbs up from me

Shin

• Advertisement
Advertisement