Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Enterprise Season 3, Episode 14: Stratagem

• 05-04-2004 9:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭

Oh class

I though for a while it was twilight mark 2 or that they had invented a holodeck with in 1 week but no! it was handled very ****ing well i must say.The simulation was very good tv screens simulating the wrap streaks hydraulics simulating the movement of the ship very good very retro

Archer fooled the weapons designer very well especial at the end where they simulated a "transwarp" jump ( i nearly cried thinking they had discovered transwarp 200 years before the fed we know ).The actor who played the weapons designer also did a good job it wouldnt of been as good a episode if it wasnt for him.Did anyone notice some black helms officer? Where did he come from :p .......Also nice not haveing a last 10 minute space battle for the first time in weeks

8/10 :) more of this i say!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭OmeGar

First time in a long time that i sat down to watch the Show, normally in work, so only catch the start or the end of a show, depending on when i get my breaks.

In this case i must say it was very good. hmmmm may have to actually start watching again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

well well well, if it wasn't an absolutely quality episode, started off thinking is it a hoax is it another big reset. then was thinking there is no way they are faking at the end that whole thing.

really enjoyed it and i was also concerned about the whole transwarp thing. happy days in general

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Pitty the next 2 are ment to be rubbish (and i mean PURE rubbish)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Verdammt

A turning point in Enterprise I think. Maybe it will pave the way for some decent scripts that the show has been seriously lacking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Twas a good episode. 7.5/10

Next episode is decent and is important.
    The 2 after that are not very interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Bah last night's episode basically sums up everything I think is wrong with Enterprise. We have a promising start to an episode but then we get a half hour of needless exposition on what everyone has already figured out i.e. they captured the scientist and faked the whole thing. It really shows how little they appreciate their audience when they feel the need to explain every plot movement in painstaking detail, how they captured the guy, setting up the shuttle, using the alien language, blah blah blah, rather than crediting the audience with enough intelligence to work it out themselves and using the available time creatively. A great sci-fi show doesn't need to dumb it down like this, look at Babylon 5 or Farscape for evidence of this!.

It's type of sh*t along with the hamfisted treatment of the moral of the week repeated from Next Gen or original Trek that really annoys me. Next Gen was an excellent show and you'd rarely find it plumbing the depths that Enterprise hits as its highs. Ah well, at least its better than Voyager :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

I enjoyed the show again this week. I don't think it was a huge jump in quality that other people reckon it to be. It wasn't any better or worse than the last few episodes, it kept the arc ticking along nicely with some pretty FX, but it wasn't amazing or anything. I'm really looking forward to Azati Prime, shame it's a whole 4 episodes away!

Stratagem 7/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭Boberto

Yup this was one of my fav episodes...
    Very clever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

I thought it was a very good episode. But not really a turning point or a once off thing. The last 5 or 6 have been pretty good. Very well done though. Have to disagree with kencleary on the three days earlier bit. Though it was obvious enough what happened, I liked the way you see them setting it all up. The worm and the hair and all. End was cool too. Overall I'd give it 8/10.

Advertisement